• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dual exhaust routing idea w/inboard shocks

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
I'm installing WH long tube ceramic headers with dual exhaust next weekend and plan to add inboard shock mounts in a few months. I'd like to exit the exhaust in front of the rear tires by routing between the frame and body and pointing the tips down (45 degree angle) just inside the flares. I have a 2" body lift and steel aux. tank. Does anyone think this will work as far clearance and keeping fumes out of the hardtop? Is there a better way? TIA

House

Minutia Militia
There are some good threads on here about this already you might want to read. Here is one. Here is another.
I just got mine done, but I went with a single. I am very happy with it, and if I can fit 3" through there you should be able to put 2" or 2.5" through each side no problem...

OP
OP
ROKDWLR

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
Thanks House. I did see both of those threads before I posted. BSAUNDERS says he's done something similar but the pipes exit behind the rear wheels and there are no pictures. 68BEAST's setup looks like it exits between the leaf and the frame from his pic. I'd rather stay above the frame if possible. I'm planning on 2 1/2" before the 18" Lobak mufflers, then 2 1/4" out. I've seen guys with pipes exiting in front of the tire but I'm trying to find out if anyone's gone over the frame or if fumes are a problem from there.