• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff smooth bumper hidden winch mount?

chriskent85

Does anyone have any pics of how they mounted their winches on their duff smooth bumper.
4941-2.jpg

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

Never mind guys, Apparently you I bought the smooth bumper that comes with the winch hols that you can knock out and this bumper doesn't have the winch mount on the bumper. So Now my question is does someone make a hidden winch mount that mounts between the frame rails?

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
You will need to get the right bumper from them. We installed one on a customers truck, excellent bumper by the way, but the mount is integrated inside of the bumper with a removable plate that you mount the winch to then it mounts inside the bumper. We hid the winch control module beneath the battery and if you look close in the last pic, you can see where the remote connection is for the wired remote however it has a wireless remote plugged into it. We had to make all new cables for everything to be hidden like that but the end results speak for themselves.

Attachments

• IMG_9310.jpg
    IMG_9310.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_9312.jpg
    IMG_9312.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_9313.jpg
    IMG_9313.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 213
OP
OP
C

chriskent85

No way im buying another bumper. lol. I am thinking about buying a plate that goes between the frame rails and bolting it to that. kinda like this.
s-l1600.jpg

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
You will need to get the right bumper from them. We installed one on a customers truck, excellent bumper by the way, but the mount is integrated inside of the bumper with a removable plate that you mount the winch to then it mounts inside the bumper. We hid the winch control module beneath the battery and if you look close in the last pic, you can see where the remote connection is for the wired remote however it has a wireless remote plugged into it. We had to make all new cables for everything to be hidden like that but the end results speak for themselves.

Hey Tom, quick question. Any body lift on that Bronco using the Duff bumper?

Fred

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like he has a 2" body lift

I have a 1" and it works perfectly. The bumper attachment is the best I have seen. Winch mount was well thought out and nice.

Attachments

• br2.jpg
    br2.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 24F3818D-B8CB-43DF-827E-A08B9AC18CA9.jpg
    24F3818D-B8CB-43DF-827E-A08B9AC18CA9.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 110

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Give us a call before you decide to fab something up. Might be easier to just buy the pieces from us.

Our hidden winch smoothy bumper does require a 1" body lift on your EB.

https://www.dufftuff.com/hidden_winch_smooth_plate_bumper_early_bronco_ford_p/4941.htm

MM

Exactly what Mike has said, get the parts and do it right, it is a very snug fit and easy to do with their parts, I think if you start experimenting with other items you will create much more work and headache fro yourself in the end. Their bumper fits like a glove and depending on the winch with a 1" BL you may have to trim slightly the bottom edge of the grill.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Exactly what Mike has said, get the parts and do it right, it is a very snug fit and easy to do with their parts, I think if you start experimenting with other items you will create much more work and headache fro yourself in the end. Their bumper fits like a glove and depending on the winch with a 1" BL you may have to trim slightly the bottom edge of the grill.

Hey thanks guys for answering my question. I’m liking the look of this bumper.:cool: