• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old Duff shock hoop questions

jamesroney

Loc.
Fremont, CA
I checked their website, and it doesn’t say anything about a body lift unless you have a 76 apparently.

So I guess I’m going to move forward, even though I know James is probably coming from experience. This isn’t a nice bodied bronco.

So If I have to be a surgeon with my trusty hammer that’s just fine. Or even the death wheel and the welder.
Duff sells a couple of different hoops. If they tell you that yours doesn’t need a body lift, I would trust them. They certainly know better than me.

MD

I have the first version of the Duff hoops (circa 95 maybe) and they have a little over 5" clearance between the top of the bar and the bottom of the flat section of the wheel well with a 3" body lift. My shock mounts stick up above the bar, but I think would still clear just barely without a body lift. Yours are clearly better positioned both front to back as well as the mounts not sticking above the bar, so I think you will be just fine.

You can definitely take off the front shocks for extra articulation, or just for a softer ride.
The double shocks are definitely a bit of a fad, but also a necessity of the past before better shocks. It is definitely possible to get good performance from two softer shocks equivalent to a single expensive shock, but I think a good single shock is the best choice overall.

If you already have the kit it is certainly worth using, and it is still very functional with the 30/70 shocks, and it is easy to just run a single shock. As you note, the extra shock can mimic the benefits of a swaybar, but only during transition.

brewchief

I bought those same hoops in the mid nineties, mine have never been welded, just bolted. Never had an issue with them coming loose.
Best thing I ever did was ditch the dual shocks for a single bilstein and swap to a deaver spring( mine had old superlift springs).

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk