• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff Torque Tamer with 5-speed?

Jedeka

Contributor
I’m going from a stock 3-speed manual transmission to an M5OD 5-speed/Dana 20. I did some quick measuring and it looks like my new combo is going to be about 11” longer. I’m wondering if this extra length will interfere with the Torque Tamer front crossmember.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I’m going from a stock 3-speed manual transmission to an M5OD 5-speed/Dana 20. I did some quick measuring and it looks like my new combo is going to be about 11” longer. I’m wondering if this extra length will interfere with the Torque Tamer front crossmember.
That's a great question for Monster Mike or the tech team at Duff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jedeka

Contributor
Jarrod, from the Duff Sales Team, brought this to my attention and sent me a pic of the front crossmember installed with a stock Bronco drivetrain. He knew what my drivetrain setup is going in the Bronco and questioned if it will work. I don’t have my drivetrain installed yet. I was going out on a limb to see if anyone else had tried a similar setup with any success or knowledge.

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Are you sure your measurements are correct? Is the M5OD longer than other 5-speeds?

Installing an AX-15 / NV3550 5-speed is not nearly that long. Inch or so longer than the original 3-speed. No new drive lines are needed.

OP
OP
J

Jedeka

Contributor
rguest3, I will measure again in the morning. Now that I think about it, I didn’t have the 3-speed bell housing on, when I measured. That should put the measurements close to the same. Thanks for helping turning the rusting wheels in my brain.

OP
OP
J

Jedeka

Contributor
I measured things this morning and the 3-speed is 24-1/4” long with the bell housing. The M5OD is 29” long with the Advance Adapter spacer. I think there should be plenty of room for the Torque Tamer.