• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

duff's track bar riser help

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bump steer will be significantly reduced. But will still have some, but should be at an acceptable level. With the differences in lengths of drag link and track bar I am willing to bet it's as close as it will get, even if they were completely parallel. Hard to know for sure without modeling it to see how different the 2 arcs are, I still feel it will be very acceptable.

Your words give me confidence!!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I installed the TRO Heim steer with the track bar riser. I was told to keep the stock frame track bar bracket and stock pitman. I have the 2.5” Duck Tuff lift.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, "normally" (is there ever really a normal with this stuff?) you don't use both a drop and a riser with only a 3.5" lift. But nothing says you can't do it as long as everything fits and nothing hits. Sure puts the angles at a nice low level that can only improve steering.

Looks to me like if you ever wanted to see if it was even more improved by having the trackbar and draglink more parallel you could temporarily move your tie-rod back under the steering arms. That would bring the draglink back down to right no top of the knuckle/arm and seems from here like it would be pretty parallel.
But by all means see how it drives like this and if you like it, don't mess with it. And as said with the different lengths of the two bars, the by-the-book stuff sometimes goes out the window anyway.

Last thing to mention, getting back to the using-both-methods thing, you still want to eyeball things closely to make sure that certain things are not going to interfere with one another when the suspension cycles up and down.
From the side eyeball the rearmost point on the pitman arm and verify it's not going to hit the tie-rod when your suspension moves upward. Not a common thing, but is possible here in the real world.
You always want to do that kind of thing with steering and suspension components anyway. Make sure they respect each other's space...

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
By the way, were you fixing some existing driving problems? Or just getting the visible geometry in check?

Paul

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
By the way, were you fixing some existing driving problems? Or just getting the visible geometry in check?

Paul
thanks for the input, Paul. Bump steer was on the list of items to address.

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
you got me concerned so here is what it looks like. I can't stuff it on the driver's side right now to see what may or may not hit because I am waiting on radiator hoses but I can see potential issues with the pitman arm. Of course I have sold the two or three I had acquired over the years. Anyone want to trade?

Attachments

• IMG_0349[1].jpg
    IMG_0349[1].jpg
    78 KB · Views: 21

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
It was ok before on that side correct? I looks close but close is ok, a piece of paper is more than enough.

Remember my build theory. When your everything is close to your everything and it just fits, it is perfect :p