• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

E-bay Bronco - Bad Seller Experience...

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
Orange Crush said:
Not a bad idea. How about an Ebay "Black List" as well. We could keep a tab on all of the dishonest Bronco sellers lurking. I'm dealing with one right now myself. I am waiting for something that has been "in the mail" for two weeks now. The guy lives about 20 mi from my house but could not meet me so here I wait...

That also is a great idea, I have couple of guys I have delt with that are dishonest sellers that I will never buy from again. Any others before I send a request to Jon?

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
you know, theres lots of military guys here. i know a few special forces guys and i am sure others know some too. be willing to bet we could set up an accidental house fire or hit... ;D lol, j/k. thats wrong. i think ebay has lots of guys selling stuff like that on there. hope he get shis one whay or another. good luck

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
meathead333 said:
you know, theres lots of military guys here. i know a few special forces guys and i am sure others know some too. be willing to bet we could set up an accidental house fire or hit... ;D lol, j/k. thats wrong. i think ebay has lots of guys selling stuff like that on there. hope he get shis one whay or another. good luck

now ur talikin' my language-hooah!

JSmall

Bronco Guru
If he's not taking your phone calls or answering emails give me his address and I will stop by and see if I can persuade him to call you.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
drscotch said:
I bet eBay will remove his bad feedback from your profile one they find out he ripped you off.
Sorry, Ebay will NOT remove any feedback under any circumstances. You can go through their "Square Trade" or "Fair Trade" and try, but good luck!

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mark Troy is correct.....EBAY is NOT your friend.

FORGET about trying to get any satisfaction out of them, and move on with your life.

:cool:

forestguy

Loc.
Reno, NV
I think a list of EB freaks that will look out for each other is a great idea. I would be willing to help out all I could. In the process you would get to look at EB's, how bad is that.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
Jarhead, That sucks man, There are some dishonest sellers out there. I kinda had a reverse situation a few months back. Listed some new James Duff rear shock mounts, and the buyer never paid. Told me someone stole all his money and he would pay me in a few weeks. A month went by, and I sent him a bunch of e-mails with no responce. So I applied for FVF credit and left him Negitive feedback. Not less than 1 hour late he left me negitive feedback in return, with some BS comments. I was Pissed My 1st negitive feedback ever on ebay. I have over 600 positives. Anyway I got over it, relisted the Item and it sold for more than his bid. He also made his feedback private and had a rash of negitives at the same time I left him one. My advice. Always check the sellers feedback, always check there ID history to see if they chaged names a bunch of times. There are good sellers on ebay, and some great deals to be found, But Caution is always a good thing. Too bad its such a expensive learning experience on this one. That would make me sick for awhile. But it sound like your gonna get through it.

JamR

buying help

Just reading this thread and saw the idea about people helping to advise on buying broncos on ebay. I'm considering this one (http://tinyurl.com/4e9bh) and would appreciate any advice/thoughts. I've been a fan of early broncos for a long time but don't know how to avoid getting a lemon. All I want is a drive-around-town car, though I'd need to drive it a good distance from las vegas (where this one is located) to get it to san antonio, tx.

Thanks!

JamR

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
JamR said:
Just reading this thread and saw the idea about people helping to advise on buying broncos on ebay. I'm considering this one (http://tinyurl.com/4e9bh) and would appreciate any advice/thoughts. I've been a fan of early broncos for a long time but don't know how to avoid getting a lemon. All I want is a drive-around-town car, though I'd need to drive it a good distance from las vegas (where this one is located) to get it to san antonio, tx.

Thanks!

JamR

That's a sharp looking Bronco. I'm curious what his reserve price is. With rides like ours, if you're not in a hurry to sell you can set an absurdly high reserve and you will get it. It may take months but there will be someone who'll pay it.

JamR,
Start a new thread with "Help Needed in Las Vegas" in the subject line to find members who'll be happy to check it out for you.

OP
OP
Grunt1058

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
Just as an update: I just got a call from the E-Bay Insurance Co... they awarded me $1750.00 to replace the engine.

LEMONAIDE!!!! ;D ;D ;D

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Wow! Impressive Jarhead. Can you explain the steps/process you went through to get that out of eBay? I'm pleasantly surprised that they would offer that service. Did you use their "vehicle purchase protection" plan or some other warranty when you paid for the auction?

drscotch

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
jarhead said:
Just as an update: I just got a call from the E-Bay Insurance Co... they awarded me $1750.00 to replace the engine.

LEMONAIDE!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Great news. Please update us on the process you went through.....just in case one of us comes across a similar crook. How did they arrive at that $ amount. Did you ask about fixing the feedback?

OP
OP
Grunt1058

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
Admin - Yes, I used the "Vehicle Purchase Protection" link in the auction. My wife is the one who found it. Send a couple of simple e-mails and the ball gets started. When I originally talked to the insurance co. the guy that called me didn't leave me with a warm fuzzy. I was suprised when he just called and informed me that I'll be getting a check for that ammount. I figured I'd be eating another $3K in the engine build/install process. Fortunately, I got a buddy with a 77 who owns his own garage (Professional Mechanic) and is giving me all the parts at cost and we are going to do the install after hours and on weekends to avoid mechanic charges. All I have to do is provide some Ice Cold Bud Light (Hate that stuff) and some pizza when we do the install.

Highly recommend checking out the link before purchasing a vehicle. It covers major items ie. Engine/Tranny/Frame etc.

I also found out where to reply to his negative feedback and was able to leave more feedback on him even though he hid it. ;D

OP
OP
Grunt1058

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
In the process, you have to get two quotes. I have two mechanics who are both friends and own their own garages. Knowing people sometimes pays off. I had them quote an OEM Ford 302 Crate engine replacement. ;D

sagejumper

I know Josh And you are an Idiot! You Hotroded the Bronco down the freeway and from light to light In Portland! You Claimed to be this Know it all On Eb! you Couldn't even shift a 3 speed with out killing it! JOsh told You he did not know the history on this early Bronco! I was also there when he talked to you and your wife on the Phone! It's also correct in the fact the Bronco did not smoke or run bad. This is why it was sold "AS IS" :'(

sagejumper

You can also take a look at the other bronco he sold on ebay 2495463079
no problems there! I think maybe if you hadn't called demanding a brand new ford oem crate engine for close to 4000 dollars you could have gotten somewhere but you were acting like an asshole from what i hear!