• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Earliest Broncos known to exist (1-30)!!

Colman

Loc.
Houston
Any chance of me getting the first post updated with me in position 7? I have u13fl732164 still as well as another 66 u13 for parts and a 66 u15 I've been gathering for the last two years to restore the early one. Some of these parts are hard to find without deep pockets.
Has anyone found any earlier roadsters. So far in the second oldest I've been able to find.

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Any chance of me getting the first post updated with me in position 7? I have u13fl732164 still as well as another 66 u13 for parts and a 66 u15 I've been gathering for the last two years to restore the early one. Some of these parts are hard to find without deep pockets.
Has anyone found any earlier roadsters. So far in the second oldest I've been able to find.

Very cool Colman! Will do if you don't mind either post up a few pics or email them to spurlocklawncare@gmail.com and I'll update it

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
I've got U14FL733889. Any idea when it was built? It had an eyebrow grill the kick plate vin tag and no ford tag on the drivers side. No tailgate though PO removed it for some reason %)

colby45

My Bronco is U14FL732072. I can send or post some pics. I would day it's 95% original. Missing a rear bumper and the rear fenders are cut unfortunately. Other than that, things are in good shape. I've been working on bringing it back to good working mechanical condition for about a year now.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
My Bronco is U14FL732072. I can send or post some pics. I would day it's 95% original. Missing a rear bumper and the rear fenders are cut unfortunately. Other than that, things are in good shape. I've been working on bringing it back to good working mechanical condition for about a year now.

Nice! Definitely post some pics or pm and I'll give you my email and I'll post them.

colby45

I took the front bumper off briefly over the summer to do some mount point repair, it's back on now.

e4qqU52.jpg

TuJAs6Z.jpg

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Cool u14! I wonder if the roaster mirrors were special order, put on afterwards or what?

colby45

It's been with my family since the mid 70's and we knew the folks who bought it new. From what I've gathered from them, they were on there when they bought it. I was thinking maybe in the early days of production when Ford was trying to get them off the line, either they ran out of regular mirrors and put those on, or it was a mistake.