• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Brotherhood In Danger

SeanNollan

I just read the article in Bronco driver about the "Early Bronco Brotherhood". However in my neck of the woods I've started to notice a growing number of EB owners who don't wave at broncos while driving. At first I thought they were just looking at the road but soon i realized that they would just stare as I drive by. I of course would give the hat tip, two finger wave, full wave, or the nod. However nothing comes back my way. --The little devil that sits on my shoulder, suggested trying the 1 finger wave but the little angle on the other shoulder talked me out of it.

I also noticed that almost all of the non-waving eb owners have very nice broncos. The type that will never ever see dirt. While my EB is at the early stage of a body restoration.

When I first got my bronco 8 years ago, EVERYBODY waved at any bronco that would come by. If two broncos were side by side -traffic would stop while the drivers talked shop. This still happens but not nearly as much as before.

So if you're a non-waving EB owner, consider yourself on notice. While your not as bad as a wrangler owner waving to a CJ owner, non-waving is grounds for losing your EB.

I'm off my soap box.
-Sean

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Mine is a rust bucket and I still get stares from everyone. Every EB I pass the driver waves as we check each others rigs out. I have found that some of the people who have the money to build a dream EB tend to be a little on the stuck up side at times, but I guess it all depends on the individual. I don't give them the oppotunity to be stuck up. I walk right up and start BSing with them and ask them a million questions. A few I have talked to have never even layed a finger on the rig other than to drive it. They either bought the rigs that way or paid someone to do the work. I'm no mechanic, but the working on it is the draw for me. And that's all I have to say about that.......

Don70Sport

Loc.
Ark/LA/Miss
Dude, .......I'm not stuck up, I did all my own work with the exception of the paint, and I always STOP when I see another EB regardless of condition to BS with them. I only like sticking it in the faces of Jeeps and vanilla-arse jacked up Chevys, never a brother.

brokenhorse

Bronco Builder
Loc.
Wisconsin
I'm true to the hood I know YOU no matter who I am with! Cut the Bull sh_ _ !
If You are good enough for me only SOMETIMES Don't bother :(

yellowbilly

Loc.
Auburn, WA
I think what FirstSergeant meant was the bought dream machines. I have my dream machine and I always wave, talk and check out other rides regardless of what they are. Mine was a piece of $hit at one time. I think most people who buy the really nice machines just don't understand the brotherhood. It is not necessarily that they are stuck up, they just don't know...that or they are a$$holes ;D

Another thing, don't judge rigs by how clean they are. I BEAT my rig, but it is always clean....you know why? I CLEAN IT!!! I can't stand people that go wheelin then drive around for a week with their rig FILTHY...take some pride in your ride and show it off.

So in conclusion, be the bigger man...or woman, keep waving at the other EB's, show pride in the brotherhood they will catch on if you keep it up.

velpoe

Loc.
Cumberland, MD
I wish I had more EB's in my neck of the woods to wave at...or get waves from. I get waves from Jeeps all the time, but I believe it's mostly jacka$$es that don't know it's a bronco. If the Heep or any other rig is set up nice I'll wave back most of the time. Hect, we're all part of an even larger brotherhood.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
the non wavers are problably the Yuppie wannabe in crowd that does nothing but drive there bronco to be cool and haven't done a lick of work on it and they are problably getting ready to sell it to buy an H2. all the better if they don't wave that just tells me who they really are.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Well, If we had a wave icon I'd give you one right now. We don't so a :-* will have to do. I will stop, talk, wave, and have lunch with ANYONE with another Bronco. There is a guy in this months Bronco Driver ( page 28 ) who lives ten minutes from me. I don't know him. I have never talked to him. I have never seen that Bronco driving around. He does not come to this site. Maybe is is busy, maybe he is one of the stuck up ones :- I guess some bronco guys are a little more outgoing than others.

CT.boy

Loc.
Southern Connecticut
I know where you are coming from. Bronco's are rare enough around here that I go out of my way to talk to the owner if I see one. The vast majority of owners are like everyone here and own them because they love them and love to talk about them. But...

Sometimes you come across an owner that needs a little wack in the head like that racing sausage at the Brewers game. :) I remember asking this kid about his once. He was a preppie fancy boy who could not be bothered to talk about it . Total snob . :p

Another guy I talked to recently had just bought his but
knew nothing about it which is fine I guess. But his total lack of passion for it didn't make sense to me. He seemed like he could have just as well been driving a Rav4 or CRV or something. Why own it? ??? ???

Dave

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
I always wave-no exception. And if I have time to BS, I do. Stuck up people suck.

-You down with EBB? Yeah you know me! ;D

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
In the 11 years of owning Bronco's I only had one guy that didn't wave and that was two weeks ago. I thought that it was weird.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
[quote author=SeanNollan link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=0#msg152927 date=1058023367]
I also noticed that almost all of the non-waving eb owners have very nice broncos. The type that will never ever see dirt. While my EB is at the early stage of a body restoration.
[/quote]

I could not have said it better my self. When I bought my Bronco the three other guys at my high school actually came up to me and said "that I wasn't cool enough to own a bronco." I said, "no my man you are stupid enough to not use your Broncos to there fulliest potental." they hadn;t seen my bronco, next day I pull up next to where they all parked (side by side how cute) reved my 351, with a beat up body. cowl hood, beat up bumbers, no top, and a giant "Ford Trucks" flag blowing in the wind. Everyone looked, and the other guys might have well have been in jeeps cause nobody gave there trucks second glances. Sorry to have to do this to fellow bronco owners but these people are basically jeep owners who have broncos.....the "daddy special" cause i am on the football team. I bought my own bronco, i do my own work, and I have pride in it. I wave at EVERY BRONCO I see, even if I am not in my bronco. All we can do is continue to wave, because if you stop waving "cause nobody else is" then you yourself are adding to the problem. SO WAVE, it doesn't hurt anything.

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
You get it a lot around here. It definitely is true about the yuppie observation. If a bronco looks like it get used they almost always wave. Also, if you get into fourwheelin country everyone waves.

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
I seem to get it from everybody. I just got mine back up and running after the bent pushrod incident, and went to get gas. Never fails, a guy comes running over to look at it and asked if I knew where he could get one "reasonable". His 17 year old daughter wants one. Last time I filled up there I had 2 guys come look at it. I should invite them over for the disc brake swap..... I also get the Jeep guys waving, but it seems I always get a wave from the Bronco crowd. I don't so much mind the Jeep waves -- most of them around here are piloted by women. ;)

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
[quote author=SeanNollan link=board=5;threadid=19918;start=0#msg152927 date=1058023367]
EB owners who don't wave at broncos while driving. At first I thought they were just looking at the road but soon i realized that they would just stare as I drive by.
-Sean
[/quote]

Sounds like they're all Harley owners too.