• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Brotherhood In Danger

fastmusicfan

Loc.
Bluffton, SC
I don't get to drive my 73 much but I've never seen another EB on the road at the same time as me! And, like all of you, I have bronco radar, sometimes I just know there must be one near. Assuming that you guys don't just live in areas that have a lot more Broncos, I must just need to drive my ride alot more.

Alex

Loc.
Indiana
So you are saying there are "Other" Bronco's on the road? Well not where I live, I see some parked every once in a while but NEVER on the road. I feel so alone here that if I saw one I would chase it down! ;D
Even at the cruise night I never see one. Peeps here still say "Look at that J**P or scout! LOL
I'll bet I have seen 2 on the road this year, and never seen em again. Must be garage kept and well groomed?

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Here where I live everybody waves at each other as we pass on the one lane each way roads. No freeways around here, just country driving and waving. When I go to the big city, people think I must be a maniac, but it's just friendly habit I don't care to break. When I wave at someone around here and they don't wave back, I just figure they must be from the big city and big shots and too bad for them. We have many different waves that we use around here too. There is the one index finger point towards the windshield, both right hand or left. The raised fingers off the steering wheel, in one, two or even three flexations of open and closed. The open hand rotating left and right is also popular. But for other broncos, it's the special out the window left hand in giant arcs up and down combined with an ending tomahawk type chop leading into a forward point with index finger extended and thumb up that best does the trick.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=10861;start=15

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
I live really close to Yuppyville aka Coto de Caza (Kobe Bryant almost bought a house there) and theres a group of EB's that live around here and we all wave no matter what the people in the dubbed out Escalades think of our classic looks and loud as heck engines. The brotherhood remains strong in OC! :D

ryansbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
The place of bronco
Up by us I only know of two broncos. My uncles and mine. The few I see on the road dont wave or even look when I honk as I pass. As for heeps there all 90ish arround here. On there other hand the few times I can take the bronco out, everyone says something. Most of the times its something about my mud job. Who needs paitn when you have mud

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Even in Yuppyville I get waves. In fact, I know almost every EB owner in Los Gatos on a first name basis. I think it's because I worked at the auto parts store and these things do tend to break a lot. Bronco guys in LG will stop and turn around to check out another EB. The best insult to an H2-driving yuppie in Los Gatos (or OC they are quite similar) is the vast majority more looks an Early Bronco gets over anything else.

bpatton74

Loc.
Alamogordo, NM
I always wave at ANY EB, then I chase them down to find out what they have done to thier rig. 8) If I don't know the person I give them a BIG thumbs up. ;) ;D

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Ya know..while driving my GMC pickup I find myself staring at the other EBs as they pass...thinking what a nice rig. I catch myself staring and before you know it the EB has passed. I am not waving on purpose, just awe struck that there is another cool bronco on the road. :D

But if you are in a bronco and see another bronco ya ought to atleast acknowledge their bronco coolness.

brian

Brake Guy

Loc.
S.E. Michigan
when they don't wave I just figure that (much like mine)they need both hands on the wheel to keep it out of the ditch ;)

I rarely see anything lifted/wheeled around here so I give a nod or wave to most any truck that looks like it's seen some action (Johnny Bad A$& Chevys are the major exception to this).

OP
OP
SeanNollan

SeanNollan

I make my way to work on the same route everyday. I see a Red(ok paintjob) with a white top no lift drive by. He'll wave. Then on the way back I'll see a dark blue and about a 3" lift and blacksoft top. He never ever waves. The funny part about that is that I had another buddy that I would talk to and his looks the same -so- I always waving at this guy.

It must be an LA thing because on the way to mammoth every bronco I saw waved.

We also have 3 lady drivers in the area. One waves two don't. However the chic in the '68 Z28 always waves at me. :eek:

I'm sure I'll get waves once my bronco is painted.

Thanks for the replies and keep waving.

72bronco

Bronco Guru
Normally I just use my Early Bronco owner secret handshake. Of course the decoder ring also comes in handy.

civilgee

Loc.
Northport, Alabama
I recently passed a bronco and both of us damn near wrecked from checking out each others ride as we passed. There are a few yuppies in the city that I pass that never wave....but i wave and stare everytime. Oneday it will catch on!!!

Vin-Man

Loc.
Milford, Illinois
Every time I pass an EB they give me the 1 finger wave.

Although the only EB I ever meet around here is my big brother. The 1 finger wave from him is just a friendly "Hello dickhead, how ya doing".

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Well,

If they are truly to be a member of the brotherhood/horde they would wave. I would value those that do wave whether Bronco owners or not as good spirited Bronco lovers and brethern. I do get funny looks when I wave to a Bronco as I drive my Jeep Grand Cherokee though...(it is a temporary vehicle; as I too have a bare frame).

:p

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
Wave, stop, circle the block, talk shop, drool over the nice ones, commiserate about damage, ask to crawl under to examine lifts, ask to sit in it to check out seats, talk about trails......

Its a more conservative wave than when I owned my YJ, those guys will high five each other at 35.

One other thing, I see a 4x broken down; EB, Jeep, Toyo, whatever, I stop to see if he/she needs help. It is something my first 'wheelin buddy taught me, and it has been a very satisfying habit. Doesn't take any skin of yer nose, and 9 times out of 10 they have it handled. I have had people offer me money for just stopping and having a hose clamp, or a 1/2" box end, or some duct tape. I won't take it. All I ever say is to stop for the next 'wheeler they see broken down. Well, I did take a beer once ;D I have heard the term "pay it forward", I always thought of it as just being neighborly. Our world needs more of it. Remember the "Good Samaratin's Clubs"? RV guys who stopped to help.

Hang in there, we're all in this together....

dpm

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Well said......
Around my house just about everybody waves. ;D
My Bronc is still down and I hardly ever see any others, but when I do I wave.....They always wave back .....At least I am in a Ford 4x4..... ;D
I have seen this same discussion in the Land Rover forums....

broncoswede61

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles,CA
I always get a wave and I'm in L.A....I've even gotten waves going 65 on the freeway from the other side...women are always checking out the Bronco...too bad I love my wife ;)