• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco or new Rubicon...

mountain14er

Loc.
Denver
one more angle for ya

Another thing to look at is the setup of the rubicon unlimited. Yes it comes as a very capable machine but still, you'll probably want to add better tires and wheels, new bumpers, winch, perhaps stronger axle shafts, a better stereo, maybe a better cage, real underside protection, a good lift (not a cheapo). Add all of this up and it's another $10 k or so more. Even still, it's just bolt on beauty.

A rubicon with all the bolt-ons in the world still does not earn anywhere near the same respect as a well built bronco. I mean really, what do you think when you see some young stud in a new rubi, "He works so hard to afford that thing that I bet he doesn't even use it."

Lakeman77

I guess you dropped the heep you were driving last fall. It was in pristine condition, but no Bronco. Welcome back-not that you ever really left.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
BroncKelly said:
By the way, my wife votes for the Bronco. ;D Need i say more?

BroncKelly

No you don't!!! Buy it and be done with it.. Then become a contributor and post some more pics..

29 that's nothing.. I am 39 and love my Broncos.

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I'm getting older now (almost 29) said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D OH MY!!!;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dude -- if that's old, then I belong in a casket!!

How many heeps drive down the road every day and no one pays them any attention? but drive down the road in an EB (even a POS), and you get "the look". Maybe I'm just starving for attention, but I LOVE "the look". Mostly from guys thinkin' "I wish I had the stones to own one of those bad boys" -- but also from the ladies thinkin' "I wish my man had the stones to own one of those bad boys"!

If ya gotta ask, then get a heep.;)

NeverSatisfied

Loc.
Spring, TX
From a practicality standpoint, the Rubicon wins hands down, you will not have to work on it, it's out of the box, pretty much ready to roll and very capable

Broncos are more fun, get more attention, carry more respect, and I love them, but you better know or be ready and willing to learn how to work on them, and have the time to do it. Or have a really big wallet. These old trucks take a lot of maintenance and time if you wheel them and drive them. I spend at least 3+ nights a week in my garage, turning a wrench on it. 99% of the population sees what it takes to keep a Bronco going and they realize it's crazy.

Funny thing though, last weeks trail run I went on was 20+ jeeps from a local club and me, despite the jokes my way, come lunch, guess who's hood was up and everyone was standing around and talking about the entire time.

I wouldn't trade mine for a jeep, but on the trail, when I'm baking in the sun, the heats radiating through the floorboards and I'm trying to find the loose ground wire so my fuel pumps will stop cutting out all the while the guy behind me comfortably sitting in his rubicon has his CD player going and A/C cranking, I see the practicality in a new Jeep.

On the flip side, the Bronco community is 100X more welcoming, friendly, and fun than any other though. Wheeling on a jeep run is a fun time. Wheeling on a Bronco run is a memorable life experience.

OP
OP
BroncKelly

BroncKelly

Loc.
Madison, Ga
I guess you dropped the heep you were driving last fall. It was in pristine condition, but no Bronco. Welcome back-not that you ever really left.

Yeah,

I sold that CJ-7 back to a guy in SoCal. I bought the thing from a guy in SoCal.....not the same guy, but they lived 20 minutes apart....funny, huh? That was a nice CJ, but my heart has always been with Broncos, and it's about to go back with a Bronco. I was a contributor to the site last year. I guess it's time to pay up, and get going again. This also means i'm going to start digging through all of my BroncoDriver magazines and finding some ideas. I'll be glued to this site from now on too........but even when i had the CJ, i was here everyday. I'm going to buy the Bronco, and take a bunch of before pics, and also alot of pics along the way of setting it up the way i'd like too.

Thanks for all of the help fellows..........The Bronco it is. Now i'll get nothing done but Bronco things...;D

BroncKelly

CrazyJoe

Loc.
San Antonio
Broncoman said:
Yes buy it. I mean come on. Look at it.
bronco.jpg

If the answer isn't clear, then you need to call the doc. and get your head examined.

That is one very nice Bronco. Any schmuck can drive a Jeep around town, but that bronco will get noticed.

CrazyJoe

Loc.
San Antonio
NeverSatisfied said:
From a practicality standpoint, the Rubicon wins hands down, you will not have to work on it, it's out of the box, pretty much ready to roll and very capable

OK OK, that is a very solid point. Damn you Mr Sensible.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
the rubi will go down in value once you drive it off the lot and from then on. The bronco will be worth more and more every year. It's a no win situation;D

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
1st, I think you are a fool if your wife says Bronco and you are still considering a Jeep. I sold 2 EBs for my wife to be happy with my Jeep and I HATED my well built many thousands of $$$s Jeep.

2nd, How long do you plan to keep said vehicle? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? what do you think will be worth more in 5/10/20 years?

Bronco... Hands down...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Grunt1058 said:
ROFL.... Damn you Skiddy... I was trying to make that point myself and you beat me by 2 minutes. ROFL!!
;D ;D ;D LOL yeah someone else was beating me yesterday on just about everything by about a minute or so. lol;D

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
:eek:

was that your OLD bronco in your Gallery?? And is 1 of those 3 guys you and your Bro-in-law?

The blue 1? %) When did ya shed that 1?? WHY did ya shed that 1??? :-[

ANY-HOW... good luck with your decision making ;-D I'm sure you'll dig yer new BRONCO!!! ;)

...i digress

:cool:

OP
OP
BroncKelly

BroncKelly

Loc.
Madison, Ga
was that your OLD bronco in your Gallery?? And is 1 of those 3 guys you and your Bro-in-law?

The blue 1? When did ya shed that 1?? WHY did ya shed that 1???

Yeah,

The blue one was my last. My bro-in-law is'nt in those pics. I sold the blue Bronco to start another project which never came about, but maybe that was for the best with this red one available to me. The red one really is unbelievable, and with a few personal favorites added on and some tlc, it will be exactly what i want. I told my bro-in-law this morning that i'm going to buy it. Done deal.......i'll argue #'s with him later. :cool:

BroncKelly

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
I TOO GOT WEAK! and checked out the Unlimited Rubi... ( sold my 04 CC silverado) and I must say...
*******MY BRONCO IS BETTER********
my bronco is smother, more powerful, and it just feels better driving it!!!!
and NO!!! I did not buy the HEEP!!
smarten up bud, Im 29

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
I just saw this one and thought it was an outdated thread someone reserected from April fools day.
Glad to see it didn't take much convincing.

OP
OP
BroncKelly

BroncKelly

Loc.
Madison, Ga
Glad to see it didn't take much convincing.

I knew if i said something about J**ps on here, i'd get a lot of encouragement for the Bronco. I knew what i wanted to do, i just needed a little help from the experts to shut the door.

One thing, the tranny is a c4 with a stock column shifter. The actual shifter seems to have worn the little peg off that turns the ring inside the column which switches the gears. I need to find a new shifter stick (or whatever you'd call it) to install because the Bronco is sitting, and I can't get it into gear.....any gear for that matter. It's stuck in neutral. Where would be the best place to find this piece, and what is the correct way to install it?

Thx,

BroncKelly