• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco or new Rubicon...

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
OK here's my 2 cents worth ..I work for chrysler ...'jeep' ...that a good lookin bronco...damn nice lookin bronco ...We have a customer that has a rubicon he has taken it on several trip across the US ..some big trails in the west ..."they bring me pictures '' OF EACH TRIP ..It will make the 2000 mile trips ...that would be the only reason I'D like the new heep but this Bronco looks like it might make a 2000 mile trip also, SO I VOTE FOR THE ''BRONCO'' ....use the money you save to buy gas to go on your 1st trip ...

bronccar

First Off - congrats - you got rid of the dodge, now to the real question at hand.

I have a 2000 TJ (for sale) 33's, lifted, blah, blah, blah
A 2003 FX4 F150
My 7? Bronco Beast

Now, consider this, I am selling the TJ because:
A) All of the reasons you would buy a new jeep vs. a solid EB are gone when the top comes off and you consider the intended purpose of either - FUN!
B) If you want "creature comforts" get a fuel efficient DD in a small fun sedan or something
C) Off road - forget about it - the EB

Do you REALLY wanna look like everybody else or turn heads?

I have my F150 for a good utility / creature comfort mix
I have my EB for bad ass'd fun and 'tude
I have my Jeep - FOR SALE!

OP
OP
BroncKelly

BroncKelly

Loc.
Madison, Ga
First Off - congrats - you got rid of the dodge,

Hey, hey...;D

No bad words about the dodge from this end. That 5.9 HO Cummins has been nothing but a beast, and smooth as silk.......Not to mention it can smoke my brother's brand new f350 King Ranch 6.0 powerstroke. I'm on team Bronco, but you can't beat a cummins diesel.

BroncKelly

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
Bronco's work good in the desert, rocks, sand, on-road, mud, whatever. 3 yr old kids tug on their moms arm and point, old men look, young girls look. I had a ferrari pull up next to me on the freeway and slow down to look, I had a helicopter follow me for a while. They dominate the tough truck events.

Rubicons work well in the rocks, don't smell like gear oil, and probably require less maintnance.

I don't fit in a jeep, and either does all my wifes crap for camping. So, I'll stick with the bronco. You should too.

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
griff said:
Rubicons work well in the rocks, don't smell like gear oil, and probably require less maintnance.
Don't kid yourself. Jeeps require just as much maintenance as Broncos do.

Sad part about it. My (at the time) new 99 Jeep TJ was more unreliable then my 86 FSB I traded for it so I could have a reliable vehicle.

My Jeep was no slouch either. 6" lift, 35" tires, Atlas II, Ford 8.8 w/ disk brakes, bumpers, winch etc.... It was a bad ass Jeep. But, it almost NEVER got the look. You know the look. You get it from just about EVERYONE when you are in a Bronco. Jeepers never did the "Jeep Wave" to me in my build Jeep. I drive my 71 EB down the road... EVERYONE wants to take a closer look. Almost every Jeeper waves to me. Not to mention, all the Bronco's or lifted Ford Trucks that also make a point to wave. Even a dood in an old lifted K5 Blazer waves. EBs get attention.

EBs RULE Jeeps DROOL!!! ;D ;D ;D

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Bronco all the way! Check out your handle - it's not yeepkelly it's BroncKelly. You already know the answer to this one. BTW my wife has a heep - just curious what creature comforts. My bronco rides better (or did before I took it apart) and has everything the heep has - other than a fat turn signal handle. Ditto on the looks - heeps are invisible.

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Welcome back. I can help with that tranny install. Piece of cake job. I will look around and see if I have an extra shifter handle in the shed o parts.

Delta4WheelDrive

Loc.
Bakersfield
My buddie and I have just been through this. We both have EB's. As we get older, quiet, smooth riding, reliable, air conditioned, etc. rigs become more desirable. I have the thought that we can make our EB pretty close to the newer Jeeps with regards to the aspecs above if we wanted to spend the money and time to do so. So we both decided deferently on this one. I am keeping the EB for obvious reasons. However, I am dropping it down a few inches, shaving some tire size down from the 40's, installed an Auto (bad ass auto though). With this I will rebuild my spare tub so that the doors shut and seal, paint will be nice shiny, stc. My plan is to take the eb back to the state where the wife and I can take it out on the weekends while still making it through the Con.

My buddie on the other hand is going to sideline the EB and build a Heep. He bought a 93 4.0L Auto. He is doing this for the above easons but building it a little overboard with a 10.25 rear, Dana 60 front ARB's, Atlas, and Staz's beadlocks on 40" Goodyear MTRs. He is going extreme for some, light for others but one thing is true it will be a wheeling rig like mine, a bit more comfy, a little quiter on the freeway....this is fine but it is still a bought rig and not really built.

I'll stick with my EB.

OP
OP
BroncKelly

BroncKelly

Loc.
Madison, Ga
Welcome back. I can help with that tranny install. Piece of cake job. I will look around and see if I have an extra shifter handle in the shed o parts.

Thanks Evil,

I'm really doing this. The Bronco will be under construction by mid May. I want to install a manual.....You tell me...nv3550 or nv4500? I'll take you up on that, and make sure it's worth your while. I miss Broncos.

BroncKelly