• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

East Coast Bronco Roundup - Tell me about it.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Feel free to check the details on the website www.earlybroncos.com. Its a great family event with kids activities, street cruise, show-n-shine, and yes, trail rides. There are lots of people who don't go on the trails. The new campground has a nice pool, game room, carousel, plenty to do. They also have cabins so you don't have to leave at the end of the evening and drive to a hotel. There are meals on Friday and Saturday night also, and the big prize raffle on Saturday night.

I appreciate all the good comments here, as I have been a key organizer of the Roundup, along with Allen Fahey, Broncitis, Ransil, Chris and many others. We'll take constructive criticism as well.

Come out and join us! You can PM me if you have specific questions.
Jud y

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
They are moving it to rausch creek this year? I have no excuses not to make it this year. :eek:

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
The MEB event is great, it was the first true Bronco event we did and have gone every year since. The first two years we did only the street and general events. The next two we "grabbed an empty seat" for the trail rides. It looks to be even better this year with the new location plus we bought our own offroad rig.

In short, Broncos and GREAT people.

74fiberglass

Well i guess I maybe goin also, as it is only like 20 miles from me.. I think my bronco will make it..

Broncitis

MEB Founder
If I had a trail Bronco at the moment (that was done ;D) I'd be all over it, but if it's primarily wheeling I'm not so sure it would be worth the trip for me. I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun, but I'm more into the show type of events.

Jimmy,

You can only sit around in a field and spray Amrorall and wipe off dust for so long! ;D

Plenty of time to mix it up with a Show N Shine one afternoon, a street cruise to get out and dive it and see some sights another day, jump in a spare seat and hit the trails for even more to see and experiance, great meals on Friday and Saturday night and a huge prize raffle to cap it off like you've probably never seen before.

Plus the new campground we will be at this year is super nice with lots for anyone in the family who wants to just hang at camp keep entertained and have a great time. The campground also has a bunch of very nice modern cabins and cottages if you do not want to tent camp or do not have an RV. Three major hotels less than 5 minutes away as well.

It is only 90 miles from me now, but that is 2560 miles less than other events we have driven out to more than a few times. ;D

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
If I had a trail Bronco at the moment (that was done ;D) I'd be all over it, but if it's primarily wheeling I'm not so sure it would be worth the trip for me. I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun, but I'm more into the show type of events.

Just pick your best mileage car and come up. Someone will have a seat for you. That's how I started back in 2000.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Just pick your best mileage car and come up. Someone will have a seat for you. That's how I started back in 2000.

That's another issue. I just can't justify bringing a vehicle that can't haul a lot of parts back! ;D

Speaking of that, is there usually a lot of parts for sale?

broncokak

Bronco Guru
770 miles? meh...We in the Northeast(as you well know! as you have eclipsed my travelling miles by a long stretch) just call that 'going wheeling'

The new location is 168 miles closer to me. That is a plus.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
When I joined MEB, Creamsickle encouraged me to go. I haven't missed one since. You can hit the trails with your rig, or catch a ride with someone else. There is the street cruise which is really cool also. I love when 20 to 40 EB's roar into a small town. The folks just stop and stare! Someone also mentioned the raffle, which is really fun. Everyone is really friendly, and I make new friends at the annual round up every year. My wife and son enjoy it also.

I'm especially excited about this years even. First off, we rented a cabin at the campground. For all the other trips, we stayed at a hotel. Second, Rausch Creek has a good amount of green trails for those of us not looking to abuse our EB's, but still want to get some wheeling in.

Did I mention the wet T shirt contest???? Just kidding.

lior72

Hey guys so I probally have good insight for people that are not from that area...So ask any questions I will try to help.
-That campground is really nice. The cabins although a lilttle more pricey than the rausch rate at the confort inn they are way nicer and cool atosmphere.
-They have a big parking lot that should be able to accomadte a show/shine or swap meet type of event
-I am part of a wheeling asscoiation called NOVA we hold a similar event at rausch every year(trail fest)-(I am usually the only Bronco there)- It is an awesome time
We have used the campground has the home base for the past couple of years.

-They moved an event my home club (LIOR) attends every year to that same weekend so I am Not sure i am going to make the ECBR