• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EB Power Steering kit ?

Whiskey Tango

Loc.
Ventura County Calif
I'm hoping for a little guidance on a power steering question.

I am fairly handy, but not a full blown mechanic by any means. I have a stock 1970 (302) EB with no power anything. My first project is to install a Power Steering unit and then Power Brakes I'm not sure what my options are. I've seen a variety on the Bronco sites, but I'm still confused.

-I would like a bolt on kit that comes with everything with little to no fabrication if possible. (Do they even make such a thing?)

-Worst case scenario, what should it cost me to have it installed??
I live in SoCal (Ventura Co) if any body knows anyone.

Thanks in advance,

Whiskey Tango

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got mine from JBG as a complete kit with Saginaw pump and lower shaft. You will have to cut existing steering shaft and modify to fit Lower Shaft Double-D joint to it.

Purchased Steering box separately.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Just let me know when you get the kit. I can stop by with my bronco and help to make the install easier.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ENDLIFE

I've went through 2 different power steering setups, and 2 different brake setups. First off, AVOID the 6 turn steering box, I used one of those bad boys for a few years, it's a good box, but the 6 turn lock to lock is incredibly annoying. If you don't mind drilling holes I would highly recommend the 4x4x2 box with the saginaw pump, but if you can find a quick ratio box and don't plan on running anything larger than a 33" tire your gold.
Now onto brakes! There is an Ebay seller that sells the complete vacuum style power brake setup for $190, but you have to make your own master cylinder lines. There's a ton of options out there, but my first few builds I did not know about this site so I blew a lot of unnecessary coin on false upgrades. Most of the people are awesome on this site, and won't steer you wrong.
Good luck

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Power steering, I like the new steering box kits that have a new Delphi box in them.
Power brakes, hydroboost. Need power steering as they are hydralicly driven instead ov vacuum. Hydroboost works so well in a Bronco.
While on it, don't forget disk brakes. Just because the pedal is easy to push (power brakes) does not mean you have the capacity to stop big heavy tires from speed. Disk brakes will give the ability to stop big tires, power brakes will make it easy to push the pedal, power steering lets you turn the big tires. All that is left now is gears so you can accelerate with the big tires.