• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AL EBAY BUYER BEWARE!- remodelmanjames = rarecdsandmore =lilbamaprincess=broncosbybama

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
This thread is to inform the Bronco buying public of an ebay seller who is directly associated with the ebay seller names BRONCOSBYBAMA, LILBAMAPRINCESS, TNAB77, 69CLASSICCARZ69, CHEVY_MAN512, DIXIELANDRESTORATIONS and now RARECDSANDMORE on ebay. His name is Dennis Burton from Fackler Alabama. He also uses the name Newton Bice. He has a documented history of selling misrepresented, and potentially dangerous Ford Broncos, preying on honest buyers who just don't know much about these Classic Broncos.

His latest Bronco "Restoration" is HERE
Check the feedback of those names on ebay. He repeatedly changes ebay seller names because of the bad feedback he receives. His broncos are sold in north Alabama or southern Tennessee.
He lists his broncos as having a "clear" Title when in fact, most of them have no title at all (a loophole in Alabama law). Trying to register these broncos in another state is a nightmare.

His current Bronco is being sold as a 1968 but is in fact either a 1976 or 1977.

Please heed this warning and do not bid on or buy a Bronco from dixielandrestorations on ebay. This forum contains a long nasty history of the builder and the dangerous Bronco's he has sold to honest buyers.

You may read the history starting HERE

MEMBERS - please keep this thread professional, non-personal and related to his broncos and their issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Here is some of the handiwork of ebay seller DIXIELANDRESTORATIONS. He claims this is a frame-off complete restoration

Rear Springs are not supposed to look like that.
attachment.php

It has "Open Headers" - meaning there is NO exhaust system and no mufflers.
m226722068.jpg

He failed to install the plate that aligns the starter and protects the flywheel. HUGE MISTAKE!
b226717092.jpg

He claims this bronco has a brand new "Crate Engine" with less than 200 miles on it. This is not new, and it's not a "crate engine"
w226712114.jpg

This is the "brand new crate engine" - does it look new? It's an engine he painted and added some bling to in order for it to look new
attachment.php

The power steering has no belt connected to it and therefore NO power steering.
m226712362.jpg

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
MEMBERS - please keep this thread professional, non-personal and related to his broncos and their issues.
Yes, everyone please read this. Other threads of this nature have gotten out of hand lately, so please stick to the topic and keep the personal comments out of it. I'll delete posts that don't follow this.

Thanks!

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the heads up again.

Attachments

• That is Brand new Information.jpg
    That is Brand new Information.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 294

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Good eyes for sure. I don't want to get flamed here, because the track record is so bad. But, they are starting to look a little better and harder to spot obvious safety and advertised problems.

PuenteMart

Loc.
Buckhead
Dixielandrestorations is broncosbybama and lilbamaprincess and 69classiccarz69 and tnab77 and chevy_man512. Do Not Be Taken by this guy!

He said this bronco he sold had "no rust or rot"
bronco126.jpg

He said this bronco he sold came with new tires
bronco131.jpg

He said this bronco he sold was a "complete restoration" and only had 40,000 original miles on it.
attachment.php

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Maybe it was an honest mistake n the new tires got switch to the black one...?

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Here's one of his broncos. The curved bar underneath is a steering tie rod. It connects both wheels and is used to turn them in sync. It is supposed to be straight. It should not be curved like this EVER! But he claimed he had seen many with curved tie rods and it was normal. What it is is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!

334857_333350796763458_1347184330_o.jpg

PuenteMart

Loc.
Buckhead
it's interesting that bidding on his bronco went from $0.99 to $10,000 in the first 3 hours. But then not a single bid in 6 days since. No shill bidding there.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Here's one of his broncos. The curved bar underneath is a steering tie rod. It connects both wheels and is used to turn them in sync. It is supposed to be straight. It should not be curved like this EVER! But he claimed he had seen many with curved tie rods and it was normal. What it is is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!

Are you sure it's not supposed to be curved? Cause I just paid a lot of money to get my straight tie rod "fixed." :eek:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Yeah..and those dangerous coil spring spacers are illegal in many states...mine being one of them.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yeah..and those dangerous coil spring spacers are illegal in many states...mine being one of them.

Met an AMC Javelin that had a bunch of those in the front coil springs back in the 70's, he was crossing a set o RR tracks as I was passing by and them dom things poped out there and I thought someone had shot off a rifle at me..;D

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Met an AMC Javelin that had a bunch of those in the front coil springs back in the 70's, he was crossing a set o RR tracks as I was passing by and them dom things poped out there and I thought someone had shot off a rifle at me..;D

Yeah, I want a ver good shot back then.

Kdub

Loc.
Colorfull
This pic has all kinds of funk...missing bump stop,notched x-member(pto winch maybe?),coil spacers as mentioned,overspray from painted coils,dent in stablizer(maybe reason tie rod is bent,doutfull) All this in one photo,yikes!

Attachments

• 334857_333350796763458_1347184330_o.jpg
    334857_333350796763458_1347184330_o.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.