• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Edelbrock e street- no injector pulse after crank

broncomike629

I have setup my e-street (v1) and after about 10 miles of driving (with great results) the truck died. I found that the accel points eliminator was not working (no pulse on the - side of the coil). I re-installed points and now the engine fires then immediately dies. If I add fuel manually it runs. I have an injector pulse while cranking but then it disappears. Is there anything I am missing besides suspect ecu?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Do you have tach signal? If you are not getting injector firing then you probably have lost tach signal. Run that down first. I may eat my words later but most ECU problems are wiring problems.

OP
OP
B

broncomike629

I have a tach signal and rpm reading on my tablet while cranking. Then when cranking stops so does tach signal.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Fried ballast wire?
Do you have power (8~12V depending if the points are closed or open) on the + side of the coil with the key in "run"?

-nevermind- I was reading it again and you said it will run if you feed it fuel. So you do have a functional ignition system.

Does the EFI have a tach signal (do you have a way to watch for it)? It might just be starting on the priming shot and have no tach input.