• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI can't run KOER test dies immediately

dsl2d

Loc.
Books, GA
I want to thank everyone on the forum for posting questions and answers. Thank's to you another EFI is on the road, but now it looks like I need some direct help. 1974 Bronco, 1991 Mustang 5.0, GT Heads, Explorer upper and lower, throttle body, and accessories. RJM harness, BC EFI tank, A9P computer, C4. Bronco idles, accelerates and drives great, has good fuel pressure and I have a VSS. I have a new IAC valve and have reset base idle and the TPS. I am using a Equus 3145 code reader. KOEO test are normal with codes 81, 82, 85, 84, (code 10 seperator), 33. When I try to run KOER test the engine dies immediately and the reader says cyl 8 or sometimes nothing at all. I went through RJM's instructions again and rechecked all connections. Pin 30 is connected to auto trans plug. I also ran extra ground jumpers just to make sure it is grounded properly. It will probably be after Christmas before I can test any ideas but I will post what I find. Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Have you tried to pull the codes with a different code reader or manually? Most auto parts stores will do it for free.