• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI cutting out / hesitating 2500 RPM

jeev

Loc.
VEGAS BABY!!!!
Hey Guys hopefully you can help.

Equipment: 66 Bronco 302 with GT-40 upper/ Lower, 19lb injectors, A9L computer, RJM EFI harness, painless elect harness, BC fuel tank with in tank pump.

Symptoms: I finished the conversion a month ago and all has been well. After about 100 miles I now get strong hesitation / missing off both banks of cylinders at 2200-2800 RPM then back to normal full power at 4500RPM.

I have tried everything I can think of and hit a wall, any ideas?

Thank you!

66horse

Bronco Guru
check your fuel filter and fuel pressure. Not usually the problem but it was for me for something very similar to what you are experiencing

Broncobowsher

Total hack
My SWAG...
Jacked up MAF. Unplug it and put it in limp mode. See if it runs any better.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
I have similar symptoms and when I pulled codes I have a mem code 66 which is MAF related. I can't find my Probst book but I found some some things to check on the MAF and harness while searching.