• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI fuel pumps 'vapor locking', then dying?

bludorbronc

I may have missed it but did you consider the type of gas, the cheapest gasahol vapors a lot sooner than just regular,you mite try a differant choice of fuel.I run my lines outside the frame and up the outside of the inner fender,when I start up the inner fender to the projection unit I put on therm tech heat resistant sleeve and no problems yet.And make sure your tanks are vented.

OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I was using mid-grade gas when this happened, and my tanks are vented. In fact if I have my tanks a little too full gas will spill out of the vent when the return pumps back into the tank...

OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
It Runs!

Well, I finally got the BCB efi tank installed and had the time to hook everything up. I cycled the fuel tank 3 times and it fired right up. I feel better about this know. Hopefully it will be reliable now:-X ...

The BC tank wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to install. I'm not sure if the tank isn't quite square or if more than likely my 'never in an accident' bronco frame isn't square, but it's as 'square' as I can get it and it still looks crooked... Also if you're thinking of using a 23 gallon tank and wheeling it, I'd suggest you install a body lift. This thing hangs pretty low without a body lift. I also attribute about 1/2 of the install difficulty to not having a body lift at all. Don't get me wrong this gas tank is a great product.

Now I just need to get it registered and I can take it out for a spin.;D

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
Well, I finally got the BCB efi tank installed and had the time to hook everything up. I cycled the fuel tank 3 times and it fired right up. I feel better about this know. Hopefully it will be reliable now:-X ...

The BC tank wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to install. I'm not sure if the tank isn't quite square or if more than likely my 'never in an accident' bronco frame isn't square, but it's as 'square' as I can get it and it still looks crooked... Also if you're thinking of using a 23 gallon tank and wheeling it, I'd suggest you install a body lift. This thing hangs pretty low without a body lift. I also attribute about 1/2 of the install difficulty to not having a body lift at all. Don't get me wrong this gas tank is a great product.

Now I just need to get it registered and I can take it out for a spin.;D

>>>>> installing BC tank without a body lift,,,,,,, I've found installing the BC tank a pain at the front without a body lift because of the close proximity of the frame cross member & floor support....it's much easier to use allthread with a nut & jam nut at the top ,then you can tighten from the bottom just holding the top .... first pic shows all the room with a body lift & BC's supplied hardware..... second is mine with no bodylift......................

Attachments

• bc24galtank_13.jpg
    bc24galtank_13.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_0365.JPG
    100_0365.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 30