• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

efi harness by efi guy

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
got my harness from Garry today and it looks very good. labeled, neat, and well done. makes me want to start pulling the engine out of the donor vehicle and start putting it in the frame.

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Thanks for the kind words Billy, I'm glad you like it!

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
Me and my friend finished a install on one yesterday and it and the 4r70w ran perfect. So easy a monkey could do it after he labels the wires. Great work.

Sandman19x

Needing some info on the difference in harnesses, I have a 77 that I’ve put a 97 explorer 5.0 . I have a painless wiring harness that I used in another project , will this work on the later model with the same ecm ?

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Needing some info on the difference in harnesses, I have a 77 that I’ve put a 97 explorer 5.0 . I have a painless wiring harness that I used in another project , will this work on the later model with the same ecm ?

Garry,
I have a similar question? I'm going to do the explorer (96 model) 5.0 and 4R70w swop. And I will be adding air conditioning at some point. I want to rewire the Bronco at the same time. So what Painless wiring kit would you recommend.

Fred

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
If I could make a comment... I am currently working on my 4th Explorer conversion. I have used 96, 97, 98, 2000 motors.

Garry's harness work makes it almost a stand alone harness, which I mean as it does not really matter which chassis harness you have. I have done one factory install, one Centech, and soon to be two AAW harnesses with Garry's reworked harness. As long as you supply it with the inputs needed, (Ign 12v, Crank, etc.) it should work fine.

One rig I did I put BCB/Vintage air in using a Explorer Compressor and it worked fine as well with Garry's harness.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The more info you give Garry the better. Well, not just better (he says, in his best Hank Kimball voice ;D ) but critical in some ways.
If EFI Guy is going to do the full re-work, you will need to let him know if you're going to use A/C, CAN-P (canister purge for the charcoal canister), auto or manual trans and all sorts of other things.
It's all there in the harness from the factory, and the computer is capable of it all from the factory. But since it's being re-worked, any and all info is needed in order to make the install as seamless as possible.
And as simple as possible.

Of course, that's all from someone that's barely ever even talked to Garry, much less had him re-work one. But I benefit from many conversations with 904Bronco about it. Some of it was bound to stick in my brain.

Paul