• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

efi install, need help identifying some of the connectors

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
see attached for coil pack, do i have this right? is the camshaft sensor the one that goes on on part that sticks in the dizzy hole, dont know what you call it. What are the two coolant sensors called, one is on the drivers side on the lower intake and the other sits in the coolant pipes. I am laying my harness out trying to get the engine bolted up with accessories and wiring.

Attachments

• coilpack.JPG
    coilpack.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 61

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Not sure what your question is on the coil packs. The way the harness lays out, you really can't get the coils reversed. The cam position sensor plugs into the cam synchronizer, which replaced the distributor. The temp sender on the heater tubes is the ECT, which is for the ECM. The other sender on the front part of the manifold is for your gauge. If you're using a stock gauge, you need to use your old sender.

Mark

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looks like i need one of those tools and to find out what degree to set it in off of centerline.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
It’s not that critical, not like the distributor. I set mine by looking at a picture of how the tool held the synchronizer. The degree where it sets doesn’t affect the timing. It just tells the computer when #1 is on TDC. The crank sensor fires the spark.

Mark