• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Project weekend...New update

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Q#2 : The tps probably needs adjusted , which you probably have done by now using the link posted earlier.

No sir I haven't got to it...ugh the wife had other plans...ok tommorrow...that's my first order of business when I get off.....I got it as a favorite....OK thanks....its running even better than before...I should have left the idle screw alone..that was my carb personality coming out....

How about the whirring sound coming from intake...if you look at my setup do you believe this to be normal?

Haven't been on here for a while because of sickness. Glad to hear you got it going. It's a good feeling, isn't it? Anyway, I to have the 302 firing order with HO injector order. Don't let the rough idle fool ya. It's the computer learning how to run again. The bad part of this mod is that if you disconnect the battery, the computer usually has to relearn again. It's much quicker the second time it seems to me though. Get a few warmups/cool-downs under it's belt. It will continue to run better every day. It just takes time.

As far as the whirring sound you're talking about.........funny thing is I notice the same sound on mine once in a while. I've really never figured out exactly what the noise is or where it's coming form. I've always assumed it's the sound of the injectors???? As you, I'm use to carb sounds. ;D

TPS.......check the voltage and adjust. Not the screw that adjusts the throttle plate. I didn't check the link JW0747 gave but will probably give directions on what I'm describing.

Hope it turns out for ya.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncoward

Broncoward

Loc.
Rolesville
I'm doing the idle reset as we speak.

It's definetly running better and better.....even with my daggone exhaust leak...Drove to work today..the throttle is a little sensitive like many have said..I'm gonna work on the spring action...modify something...LOL I'm on a roll...Hey BTW the NV 3550 is a great conversion...I love it!...Its trucky though...so for the Mall Crawler...you might want to drive one to be sure....

OP
OP
Broncoward

Broncoward

Loc.
Rolesville
Remember I said I had a weird whistling sound..or hiss....a whirr...that's the sound of the PVC valve not hooked up...ugh....More to Follow!!

OP
OP
Broncoward

Broncoward

Loc.
Rolesville
I like it simple...I had planned on a fustrating trouble shoot...Ran through all the codes and tests and ran it up the mountain here....Hip Hip hurray all is good...I do have a Engine balance check question...but she runs like she stole sum tin....I do want to thank the pioneers of the EFI swap and all the individuals on here that have assisted in this project...Thanks.ClassicBroncos.com!!!!!

YellowBronc

Bronco God
That's the way mine is set up. I originally had some of the tubes to bring the MAF and filter out toward the fender but it seemed to be in the way for anything I was doing. I took all the tubes off and have it conneted directly to the MAF with no ill effects that I can tell. I even noticed that you are using the EGR plate..........I don't even have that on mine.:eek: ;D ;D

Attachments

• efi1.jpg
    efi1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Broncoward

Broncoward

Loc.
Rolesville
What do you think about this

I have just swap my carb on a rebuilt 1973 Ford Falcon 302 engine...which is in my 1974 Bronco for a 1989 Mustang computer..Crown Vic intake...Ryans wiring harness...mecahnical full pump feeding and accumulator and then the HP pump...

....I'm having a pop from exhaust on slight exceleration....and going up hills at speed just maintaining speed.....its pops then if I floor it or give it more throttle it will stop! what do you think?

No codes will come up reference this!! Just the soft codes egr related

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132735

OP
OP
Broncoward

Broncoward

Loc.
Rolesville
Update : All the bugs appear to have work themselves out....The key was after I got stuck I ended up revving the motor to close to 6000 RPM's on accident...that seem to stop most of the backfiring at 50-54 MPH cruising up hill in 5th, trying to just maintain speed.
More to follow!