• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI question

paint.roper

Does anyone have any experience with the edelbrock pro flo2 system? I am looking at upgrading to EFI and was wondering what the better system to install is, or would it be better off to just get a newer engine that already has EFI.

anoblefox

Contributor
It makes sense to go with OEM EFI stuff, consider if you ever have a problem when you are away from home; you are much more likely to find replacement parts as well as someone to work on it if it is factory. It is definitely easier to get a complete engine with all the stuff you would need, also from a cost point of view. The OEM stuff is VERY reliable if installed properly.

OP
OP
P

paint.roper

Does anyone have a list of the parts needed to make the conversion and the year of the donor parts?

OP
OP
P

paint.roper

I have a 351W and am looking to make the move to EFI. Not sure which parts I need in order to complete the process.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
There are about 50 threads about it, and almost that many different "right" ways to do it. It depends on what you can find in your price range at your local junkyards, or CraigsList, or the classifieds here, or... You need to read them so you understand the pros & cons of each aspect, and then weigh them against your budget.

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
when i went to top truck in 2008 the bronco had it on his 351w.
seemed like the computer couldnt make up it's mind,some time's it rad really really good, and other's hardly at all.

i have hurd that from other people too.
not sure if they just have it setup wrong or what.