• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Swap '99 Explorer Throttle Cable

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Couple of thoughts...
Stock Explorer cable for the engine should work just fine
Lokar cables are easy to shorten. I ordered a 144" for the boat and they sent a 168". I just trimmed to fit. Only needed a cut off wheel.

Now if you are removing the intake elbow I would probably skip the stock cable option. The -93 mustang cable would be close, but the linkage on the Explorer throttle body is slightly different then the linkage on the mustang throttle body. At this point I am guessing if you removed the elbow, and even more guessing what throttle body you are running.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I used the stock Explorer cable and modified the bracket. I carry a bicycle brake cable for a spare. The system works, just had to modify the stock Bronco accelerator pedal to accept the cable.

Mark

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Making your own isn't all that difficult with lathe access and some welding skill. Both of my last two projects have custom made throttle cables. Either start with one that has a longer than needed housing or buy the housing length needed from Wicks Aircraft. I source the actual cable from my local West Marine.

This is the cable assembly on the "leaning tower of power" (sic), it uses left-over housing form a FJ-62 Land Cruiser & Ø3/32" stainless cable from West Marine along with some hardware parts from McMaster.com:
i-NXbrtpG-M.jpg

i-ZGZ5vr6-M.jpg

i-M4hhtd5-M.jpg