• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI vacuum lines and venting configuration

chuzie

Bronco Guru
'78 -351W EFI
Steel heads
Lightning lower
Explorer Upper
Explorer TB

I want to make sure I have my vac routing correct.

Line from vac port on intake to PCV valve mounted on valve cover.
Line from vac port on intake to brake booster.
Line from intake to fuel press reg.
Another line from TB to vent on other valve cover.

I am just not 100% positive on the venting stuff.

Thx.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
'78 -351W EFI
Steel heads
Lightning lower
Explorer Upper
Explorer TB

I want to make sure I have my vac routing correct.

Line from vac port on intake to PCV valve mounted on valve cover.
Line from vac port on intake to brake booster.
Line from intake to fuel press reg.
Another line from TB to vent on other valve cover.

I am just not 100% positive on the venting stuff.

Thx.

What did you do with the PCV hole in the rear of the lower? It needs to be plugged if you aren't using it.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
There wasn't one in the E8TE truck lower I was running which forced me to run PCV in the valve cover. Now that I am going to be running Lightning lower, I need to relocate the PCV from the valve cover to the rear of the lower and find a way to plug the port in the valve cover. Good call Viperwolf. I there an easy way to plug such a hole? They are the Ford Motorsport covers with the 1/4 turn locks.

qyty6uve.jpg

Also, are all ports in the upper intake created equally in terms of vacuum and function? Does it really matter what port my PCV and brake booster go to?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You might be able to find a short non-vented oil filler cap. With the lightning lower and explorer upper you may have enough space for that. Otherwise you'll need to find a rubber plug.

Vacuum devices that flow large volumes of air like the PCV and brake booster need to go to a large port that will deliver that air equally to all the cylinders. Attach them to the neck of the upper. Other than that just size the vacuum ports to the devices appropriately and plug the extras. Pipe plugs will seal permanently, rubber plugs will leak at some point.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Gotcha. Thx.

So what's the deal with the lightning lower not having room for a pcv screen? All i can fit is a gromet and valve.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Some intakes didn't use the screen. Lightning had a big oil baffle so maybe the screen wasn't required.