• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EGR Block off plate or EGR Eliminator plate

Recko555

Need some schooling on EGRs.
I am installing the mustang efi on my bronco right now. I put my order in for an RJM harness, which has a built in EGR eliminator (electrical). What I need to know what the difference between the EGR block off plate and the EGR eliminator plate. The pros and cons of each too.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I don't know what the differences are but if you are going to use the stcok mustang throttle on the bronco? make sure you get one that allows you to attach the throttle linkage to it.

Ben

OP
OP
Recko555

Recko555

the eliminator plate says it retains the stock cable throttle cable bracket mounting location.

bob_lafrentz

Loc.
Cody, WY
I used the eliminator plate from American Bronco. It worked perfect and I also used the BCB throttle cable. All components work real well together.

Where in NE IA are you? I used to live in a small town called Hudson near Waterloo.

Good luck to you.

OP
OP
Recko555

Recko555

So the EGR block off plate just blocks air flow and keeps the ugly EGR sensor and valve? Then the EGR eliminator plate completely removes the EGR sensor and valve? Do I have this right?

I live in Waverly, which is near Waterloo/Cedar Falls. I know exactly where you are talking about.

OP
OP
Recko555

Recko555

I ordered the eliminator plate. Hope it is what I am expecting.

bob_lafrentz

Loc.
Cody, WY
The eliminator plate from American Bronco removes the EGR completely. Basicaly it is a plate that goes in the location of the EGR and has a hole (probably 3") that allows the air to pass through. In addition, it has mounting tabs for accelorator cable mounting.

Waverly, we used to play you guys in football. Good luck. You will really like this product. It cleans everything up real nice.

OP
OP
Recko555

Recko555

Thanks for the info. Too bad you moved away. Could always use another bronco bud.

YellowBronc

Bronco God
What throttle cable setup are you going to use? If you're going to use the cable from BCB then you won't even need the blockoff plate. Just bolt the throttle body directly to the upper intake.

OP
OP
Recko555

Recko555

I am going to use a mustang/whatever works cable set up from junkyard.