• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Elect Fan manufacures

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Bax, I will get some shots of my trail rig if ya want. I removed the top rad mount brackets and relocated them. Tilted the rad forward and the Ford fans fits mine. Granted still running belts, but works.

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
Taurus fan.. DC Controls variable speed controller.. awesome temps that are stable and dont spike/dive like standard on/off controllers.

Worth every penny I spent on it ($40 for the fan a the junk yard and $130 for the controller new)

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Might get some ieas here Bax-I am running one of his dual setups on my 392 winsor. Had to go this route because of limited space.......

http://www.the-fan-man.com/

HTH

That sidewinder fan on that web site sure is a cool idea. Way too much money. but it gets the elect fan motor out of the way of the water pump nose.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
If you eliminate the shroud from the Taurus fan and make your own, you can get another 0.5" out of it (4" thick), but that still won't fit in the 3" you're looking to fill.

Here's a pic of my Taurus fan in my mock-up shroud (clearance to mount this was made with going to a tubular core support - able to get 5" clearance between the rad/waterpump) I've currently got ~0.5" clearance between the nose of the fan and the face of the radiator, and about the same between the head of the fan and the waterpump pulley.

Attachments

• 042008 Fan clearance.jpg
    042008 Fan clearance.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 59

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
get what you pay for

Here are my fans - We had 3.25" to work with

Attachments

• IMG_2812_1_1.JPG
    IMG_2812_1_1.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2816_1_1.JPG
    IMG_2816_1_1.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
That looks very nice. If I had it to do again I would of cut the core support and made the opening bigger. Live and learn.

I ordered 2- 9'' spal slim line fans. I am going to mount them on the condenser in the grill. It will be a tight fit but I can get them in. Then I will make a fan shroud and see if I can keep the belt driven fan.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That looks very nice. If I had it to do again I would of cut the core support and made the opening bigger. Live and learn.

I ordered 2- 9'' spal slim line fans. I am going to mount them on the condenser in the grill. It will be a tight fit but I can get them in. Then I will make a fan shroud and see if I can keep the belt driven fan.

Sounds good-I have been very pleased with the spal set up on mine. Post up when you finish. Maybe a new side business- Bax's Custom Coolling :)

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
FYI-The mid-90's Lincoln Mark VIII fan is supposed to move even more cfm than the infamous Taurus fan.

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
i would get a shroud on there first. without one, all you are doing is sucking air from the sides of the rad and throwing it off the ends of the blades. the shroud forces the air to be sucked through the fins and cools the rad. i had about a 40 degree difference without mine on.

Bronco Beau

Loc.
Gravette
Here is what I did with my Taurus Fan. I read every thing on this forum before I started the work on mine. It was very helpful. I created a hybrid from them all. Stock 302 with a WH 4 core. I had to cut the core support but is was an easy fix. Little fabrication. Anyone can do it and it worked great.

The radiator will need to move to the passengers side due to the fact that it will rub on the power steering box. But make sure you don't drop it down to low or it will rub the frame on the passenger's Side.

I used a Buttun type Hex Bolt for the water pump pulley so if the moter did fix hopefully it would not tear the fan to pieces.

I used 2 relays a 70 and 45 amp. 70 to the high and 45 to the low. High is hooked to the imperial thermastat and toggle. Low is hooked to the other relay and ran to the same on off on toggle so it comes on with key.

I have about 1/2 inch from the radiator to the grill and 1/2 from the fan to the pulley. I may have hit a tree one time which could have made those distances a little closer than they should be.

If you have any questions pleas feel free to ask. I would have never been able to mount or wire it without this site, so I would like to give something back. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG00118.jpg
    IMG00118.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Bax,

I also have about 3" from the waterpump pully to the radiator (4 core Aluminum from JBGY). I have a $250.00 Black Magic S fan that won't fit. It is about 3.5".

JBGY sells a custom 7 Blade fan belt driven - (17") that is designed to pull air through a 3 or 4 core radiator. I ordered this fan and a shroud. I wanted electric, but I just couldn't find one that was thin enough and could pull enough air. I'll let you know how the fan and shroud work out when they come in later this week.

pyro fighter

Loc.
kennewick, WA
I have a four core with the 7 blade belt driven on my bronco, love it! The only time she gets hot is 4 low climbing dunes in the summer, and even then i have never seen above 230 or so. I may mount a pusher on the front just for those days that i'm really pushin her when its hot out.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I have a four core with the 7 blade belt driven on my bronco, love it! The only time she gets hot is 4 low climbing dunes in the summer, and even then i have never seen above 230 or so. I may mount a pusher on the front just for those days that i'm really pushin her when its hot out.

Can you post a picture of your set up?

Thanks,

Chris B.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member

You may also have some room under the hood. I have a big heater in mine taking up all the space.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Bax,

I also have about 3" from the waterpump pully to the radiator (4 core Aluminum from JBGY). I have a $250.00 Black Magic S fan that won't fit. It is about 3.5".

JBGY sells a custom 7 Blade fan belt driven - (17") that is designed to pull air through a 3 or 4 core radiator. I ordered this fan and a shroud. I wanted electric, but I just couldn't find one that was thin enough and could pull enough air. I'll let you know how the fan and shroud work out when they come in later this week.

Cool!! thanks for the input