• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electric wiper motor rebuild options?

chuzie

Bronco Guru
My wiper motor is not parking again so it looks like my fix did not last. The switch is toast but the rest of the motor and gears are in great shape. Where can I get a new switch assembly? It could probably stand to get some new brushes too.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
That motor was used in a ton of different Ford vehicles. Replacement looks around $60.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I thought about getting one from the local parts house but thought twice when I saw rebuilt units on JBG were more expensive than the new (aftermarket?) units. Wasn't sure if I was missing something in terms of quality.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Might be a good time to do the intermittant wiper switch setup. A few people regularly sell them in the classifieds much cheaper than a new switch. If you cant find one there let me know I have several intermittant setups.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Been running intermittent for years. That is the main reason I want my park function back. ;-) Thanks though.

Probably gonna pick one up from parts house. May consider swapping guts and keeping original case if they are different.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Ended up going with a reman unit from the parts house. Unfortunately had to go through 3 before I got one that worked right.

First had a bad park switch like my old one. Pep boys.

Second made an awful grinding noise. Orilleys

Third was acceptable. It came from Napa though I think they all got rebuilt by the same idiots.