• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ELECTRICAL (DASH) GREMLINS

G

HOPING SOME OF YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME ADVICE ON THIS. COMING HOME FROM WORK THE OTHER DAY, STARTED RAINING REAL HARD AND WINDSHIELD WIPERS WOULD NOT WORK. PUSHED THE WASH MODE AND IT WOULD WORK THEM INTERMITTENTLY. I FIDDLED WITH THE SWITCH AND THEY WOULD WORK FOR A FEW SECONDS AND STOP UNTIL i MESSED WITH THE SWITCH AGAIN. I ALSO BEGAN SMELLING SOMETHING HOT BUT NOT REALLY ELECTRICAL KIND OF A RUBBER SMELL. THE DASH AREA NEXT TO THE SWITCH HAS WARM BUT NOT REAL HOT. NEEDLESS TO SAY I SHUT THEM OFF AND DROVE REAL SLOW UNTIL I GOT HOME. I ALSO AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE GUAGE CLUSTER LIGHTS, SOMETIMES THEY WILL LIGHT UP AND OTHER TIMES NOT UNLESS I MESS WITH THE SWITCH A LITTLE. I AM PRETTY SURE THE WIRING & SWITCHES ARE ALL ORIGINAL. I WAS THINKING OF MAYBE TAKING THE SWITCHES OUT AND TRYING TO CLEAN THEM UP SOME...........ANY IDEAS FOLKS ?

OP
OP
G

Yeah I should have known that some dome dumb smart A** remark would come out of texas. As usual, cannot contribute anything positive. 75Sport probably also supports that dumb blond nitwit from the dixie hicks that is opposed to our president and the United States by her recent ludicrous comments she made. Oh well, like they say, only 2 things come out of Texas........."steers & Que**s".

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
My mom taught me to be nice to guests, and wait until they leave B4 you talk about them. So I won't reply to your comment.
As for your wiring green73 pulling out the ofensive switch to inspect / replace is a good place to start. Also check for loose or corodid fuses.

carnage351

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
[quote author=BigOlBronco link=board=5;threadid=15267;start=0#msg115934 date=1047927449]
Yeah I should have known that some dome dumb smart A** remark would come out of texas. As usual, cannot contribute anything positive. 75Sport probably also supports that dumb blond nitwit from the dixie hicks that is opposed to our president and the United States by her recent ludicrous comments she made. Oh well, like they say, only 2 things come out of Texas........."steers & Que**s".
[/quote]

I think it is a little odd to be making fun of someone from Texas and supporting someone from texas in the same post. For your info, the President is from Texas.

green73brc

Hey I have a 73 Green Bronco In Sac too! Have you parked at Sam's Club before on Sunrise if you have I parked right next to you once. Anyway I have had the problem with the light gauge flickering... It might be a ground problem as far as the wipers go?????

Krawln68

Loc.
Newark, CA
Be sure to check eveything closely. I just had a wire fry all the way back to the taillights. Turns out, someone else had soldered a connection together and didnt heat shrink it. It split my loom the whole way!