• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electrical issue. I think.

1970mule

Bronco Guru
Long time no post. I guess that is a good thing no real issues with the Bronco till now. So, I have LED rear lights the round kind. and as you guys know there are not 2 filaments like the incandescent bulbs, so I can not figure out why my left blinker wont blink and nor will my brake lights. My running lights work fine as well as my right turn signal. the fronts are fine. Any Ideas? I checked the fuses.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, if the brake lights never go on I would check two things.
First, what happens when you turn on the 4 way flasher?
Next I would test for current into and out of the brake light switch on the brake pedal.
Good luck

charlie6976

Loc.
Grand Coulee WA
LED lights are directional (they have a positive side and a negative side). Check your wire connection (on the left rear I think). Good luck.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Don’t assume it is LED related. Your symptoms are identical to those of a flaky turn signal switch. My brakes lights didn’t work for years unless I pressed the base of turn signal lever down towards the front of the column.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1970mule

1970mule

Bronco Guru
I have had the LEDs in for at least 7 years or more and only had this problem for the past 2 weeks or so. I messed with the dimmer switch at the foot and then the lights worked for a second then no go again.