• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Enclosed trailer?

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Will a stock bronco(No top)fit in an enclosed trailer? The trailer door opening is 6ft. I know a stock bronco is 71inches but if I air down tires or even take tires off, can I get it to fit? Trying not to have to take the doors off or fold down the windshield.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's six feet tall? What about width? Or is that in both dimensions?
Only one inch leeway is tight, but with no top it's a cinch to just hop out the back. What about wheel wells on the trailer though? Internal or external?

Paul

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Too many variables. The roof has a crown, so the peak height is about over the back seat area. Is it really stock height?
The enclosed trailer has even more variables. Is it really a 6' opening, or a 6' door?
Does the trailer have a dovetail? That hurts. The rear tires will climb up the dove tail before the rest of the roof is through the door. Climbing faster than the roof tapers. So even a 71" tall Bronco, that is only 70" tall at the back of the roof, and the opening is really 72" tall. You still wont clear because of the dovetail.
But if a flat tail, there are better chances.
What is the ramp like? Many enclosed trailers don't have that stout of a ramp/door.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's best to get an extra height enclosed car hauler trailer. The 7' height works good unless you really have a tall Bronco. With some trailers like a Featherlite, the rear of the trailer actually has a sloped entrance, or 'beaver tail' which allows for 7' of clearance at the door opening also. SuperCelebration 2016 112.JPG

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
That's six feet tall? What about width? Or is that in both dimensions?
Only one inch leeway is tight, but with no top it's a cinch to just hop out the back. What about wheel wells on the trailer though? Internal or external?

Paul
I have a 8.5x20 ft trailer. I know that the bronco will fit by width. When I transported my lifted bronco I needed to fold down the windshield and the top of the doors had to come off. I'm going to pick up a stock bronco and wanted to make sure that it will fit the height of the trailer opening.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
My truck has a 2.5 inch lift with a 1 inch body lift and it has BFG 31x10.5x15 tires. It doesn't fit in the car hauler. I have an extra set of wheels with small tires and can get it to go in. I use a winch to pull it in so I have a lot of control. I wouldn't want to drive it in.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would think it would fit knowing that you can air down and get it in if needed...that's good for at least 3-4 inches if not more.

mustanggarage

Contributor
I transported my bronco when I first got it in my old trailer with a 6 foot door. I had to air the tires down a lot to get it in. I traded it on a new trailer with a 7 foot door after I had it painted. it will fit, but it is not comfortable or easy, and that assumes your bronco isn't lifted too much of course. this one was on 32 inch tires and it just barely squeaked in. the good thing about it is you actually get a bit more room than the 6 feet if you don't have the top on it because the wheels straddle the high point and you can slide past the windshield frame before the back tires raise up assuming no roll bar of course. my trailer had a domed inside not like the one pictured above here so once past the door there was plenty of room

crawln68

Bronco Guru
If I remember correctly, I had to let a little air out of the front tires.

Attachments

• BroncoT.jpg
    BroncoT.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 31
  • BroncoT2.jpg
    BroncoT2.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 31

capt2130

8dc608e62c33d8fbcc29793befba9fb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
8dc608e62c33d8fbcc29793befba9fb0.jpg

I've been very happy with my Featherlite and the 7' height. I think that any of my Broncos that need protective transport will fit in it. My beater/trail Bronco with 8 1/2" of lift and 38 15.50 16s might not fit, but I've and a couple with 33's and 3.5" of lift and had room to spare.. That little slope on the floor at the rear really helps.... That red looks awesome surrounded by that aluminum....by the way!

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Your trailer gives me a bad case of escape door envy. So the fender well is attached to the door? Featherlite’s entire line has always been quality - nice rig!

capt2130

Your trailer gives me a bad case of escape door envy. So the fender well is attached to the door? Featherlite’s entire line has always been quality - nice rig!

The left fender well is removable for the ease to step in. I had it out when I originally fitted the Bronco. I’ve done it enough now that it always stays in.