• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine Help, no spark

Killer Frogs

Loc.
Amarillo, TX
I have a stock 302 with a manual choke 2 barrel Holley carb. The bronco had sat for about 2 months getting a new nv3550 which is great.

The 3rd time I drove it it felt like it was not getting enough fuel. Checked that the pump was doing its job and it is. At one time it seemed to clean out whatever the problem was and I was able to cruise at 60+mph, then it was happening again. I got close enough to home and then pushed it into the driveway.

I drained the fuel and put new fuel in along with new filters. The tank is a little over a year old. I still will not start. I took the distributor wire off the coil and it is giving a spark to the coil, but when I took a spark plug wire off, there was no spark from the wire.

So it seems like it is not getting spark from the distributor to the spark plug wires. Any suggestions? I probably need to replace the plugs and wires, but I don't think this will fix everything.

Thanks.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
check the rotor to see if it's spun on the dizzy shaft ; also check the distributor cap to see if the center contact point is good condition - I had one desinagrate.
SHX