• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

engine vibration

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
I have about 2,000 mi on a pro built 302 roller engine. It has an AX 15, centerforce clutch. New 50 oz damper and flywheel. I'm getting a strong vibration from 2,750 rpm. Before that it's very smooth, clutch works great. The transfer case and the trans are the same ones that worked perfectly on the old engine. I feel the vibration through the clutch pedal even when it's disengaged and the truck is not moving.
I'm thinking it's probably the damper, the mechanic thinks it's a bad flywheel, maybe the pilot bushing. I have access to a 4 hole Fluidamper damper.
What do you guys think this vibration could be?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I do not know but I have been running the Fluid Damper for 20+ years. You will not be disappointed Bud.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I got a pulley from March/Summit many many years ago but more recently got a really big crank pulley from BC that also fit.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
By the way Summit and Jegs has a Fluid Damper called Steer Damper. It is much cheaper.