• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ever Heard Of A Branded Bronco

Harbourhound

Loc.
Indian Harbour Beach
The branded bronco as I have been told has the gold plated medalion on each rear quarter panel and was an award given by ford as incentive to dealers with the highest volume in the nation. they also awarded a branded mustang. I have one it is a 74 with ranger package and am trying to get all the information on the award. the medialial is 3.5 inches in diameter with a bucking bronco and rope triming.
any help is greatly appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I've heard of the Branded Mustang, but not a Bronco. Not sure about the award thing for high selling dealerships. Doesn't make a lot of sense, unless Ford actually gave the cars to the highest selling salesman or something.

The branded option as I know it was simply a dealer added gimmick to help move Mustangs off their lots faster. If a dealer needed to clear the lot for new models, or they had some slow movers (like plane jane 6 cylinders) then Ford offered them kits so they could "Brand" their 1965-68 Mustangs, hopefully giving some interest to buyers.

The trim kit included side stripes, vinyl top w/ chrome trim and the twin medallions.

Attachments

• 67branded.jpg
    67branded.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 122
  • app-brandedinfo.jpg
    app-brandedinfo.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 67
  • branded-dealer-info.jpg
    branded-dealer-info.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 104
  • ed001-c.jpg
    ed001-c.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 117

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Cool pics Jon!

Hope this guy isn't like the "ski country special Bronco" guy. Pops in now & again teasing with pics and then leaves for a while.

Bring on the pics Harbourhound! :cool:

70 sport WA

Contributor
I wasn't going to mention it, but the PO of my rig said it was a "Twister Special" Bronco. Even has some emblem on each front fender. Does anyone know if it might be true?

Just Kidding! ;D

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I've heard of the Branded Mustang, but not a Bronco. Not sure about the award thing for high selling dealerships. Doesn't make a lot of sense, unless Ford actually gave the cars to the highest selling salesman or something.

The branded option as I know it was simply a dealer added gimmick to help move Mustangs off their lots faster. If a dealer needed to clear the lot for new models, or they had some slow movers (like plane jane 6 cylinders) then Ford offered them kits so they could "Brand" their 1965-68 Mustangs, hopefully giving some interest to buyers.

The trim kit included side stripes, vinyl top w/ chrome trim and the twin medallions.

Those marketing guys were genius, who would have thought that this option, just to get some slow cars moving, would probably make them real collector items in the future!

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Hope this guy isn't like the "ski country special Bronco" guy. Pops in now & again teasing with pics and then leaves for a while.

Well, apparently Harbourhound is like the ski country special guy. Popped in talking about his special edition Bronco, didn't bring on the pics, and left.

I'll repeat.... Bring on the pics Harbourhound! :cool: