• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

exhaust time

billie

Loc.
Calgary
Carburated or not, what I'm suggesting is that it is more complicated than that. Check around and see that the exhaust pipe in itself is only one part of the equaion. Putting in the best overall system requires some planning, manifold to tail pipe. Creating back pressure for minimal torque gains at the expense of overall performance doesn't make sene to me IMHO.

Cya

4x4x289

Back pressure? ;D

Attachments

• backpressureless.jpg
    backpressureless.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 99

texaswildcat98

Loc.
Wichita, KS
Carburated or not, what I'm suggesting is that it is more complicated than that. Check around and see that the exhaust pipe in itself is only one part of the equaion. Putting in the best overall system requires some planning, manifold to tail pipe. Creating back pressure for minimal torque gains at the expense of overall performance doesn't make sene to me IMHO.

Cya

I can agree with that. ;D I've gone as far as running O2 sensors on naturally aspirated engines to tune.

In the end its overall performance as you say, with or without back pressure.

nrramse

I've looked high and low (on the internet) for "exhaust system shootouts". I found a few, but none that applied to an early Bronco or even anything close to an early Bronco. Has there ever been one in BroncoDriver magazine?

Newell

jbchurchill

In front or behind?

What is the difference between jetting the exhaust in front or behind the rear wheel? Is it mainly cabin noise? is there more back draft into the cabin when the exhaust is further back?

thanks!
Joe

nrramse

What is the difference between jetting the exhaust in front or behind the rear wheel? Is it mainly cabin noise? is there more back draft into the cabin when the exhaust is further back?

thanks!
Joe

A buddy in college routed his in front of the rear wheels. Sadly, the tail pipe got rusty (and leaky) and the exhaust melted a hole through the auxillary gas tank. It burned up the truck!

Newell

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA

So if I write a page for an obscure car magazine, I'm now an expert?%)
The idea of torque being increased from more backpressure always made me go huh??:? But the guys I would trust to give me real facts probably have more education and make more money than me!;) Until I get to that point I guess I'll just have to be happy with a good tone.;D

TOOLMAN

I went with 2 1/2" wyed into a 3 and I love it. I have it exited out the back. The only problem I have with that is the tail pipe keeps getting crunched by rocks.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I went two into one pipe and then into a single muffler and out behind the passanger rear tire. If I had to do it over I would go with a Muffler that has two inlets and one outlet and avoid Y'ing the pipes before the muffler. My exhaust is a little too quiet for me. I wish it had more rumble.