• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exhaust too close to fiberglass inner fender?

Labbster

Is this too close for comfort to the inner fender? If so, how much would u trim?
5474a1212b8250ff5d5592127eb92fbc.jpg

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I would say yes. What header is that? Looks like the wrong exit angle for a Bronco. I don't think you want your O2 sensor in your wheel well either.

OP
OP
Labbster

Labbster

the header was from a 91 cougar. it exited straight down to the frame, so I cut and rewelded best I could. I also don't like where the O2 is at. I plan on putting it just after the connection when the exhaust gets put on...

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I would just plug that O2 on that side and move it 180* to the other side. I would give at least 1.5" for the glass - maybe more. How close can you keep your hand to any vehicles exhaust for extended period of time - that is a good distance gauge.