• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer 5.0 EFI w/roller rockers what valve covers?

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I have since changed my setup, but I was running the stock upper 5.0 intake, BC Bronco's adapter and the 351w lower as someone said in an early post along with the tall Motorsport valve covers.

a794c3316b02857ded3ca24329462511.jpg

SurfCityEB66

Contributor
I have since changed my setup, but I was running the stock upper 5.0 intake, BC Bronco's adapter and the 351w lower as someone said in an early post along with the tall Motorsport valve covers.

a794c3316b02857ded3ca24329462511.jpg
So to be redundant (because I'm slow ) with your setup and motorsport valve covers the stock 5.0 upper and lower won't clear? This is the exact setup and valve covers I have and switching over in a couple weeks... sounds like I need a spacer.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks everyone. intakes are at powdercoat so I cant check until i get the intakes back.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
So to be redundant (because I'm slow ) with your setup and motorsport valve covers the stock 5.0 upper and lower won't clear? This is the exact setup and valve covers I have and switching over in a couple weeks... sounds like I need a spacer.

I don't know on a 302, it would seem right like Nicks Tricks said... Mill the bottom of the intake. The part that hangs over the valve cover. Mine had the bosses for vac. ports but were not tapped. I milled/ground them down flush to clear. That's on my 351, but the deck is 1" taller on the heads. That makes everything different from a 302. You might get by with a 1/4-3/4 spacer on a 302 as well, if you have the hood clearance.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
a couple passes on the mill will get you the clearance for your tall valve covers. plug up the ports you don't need.

no prob to do it after you've pc'd them. you will never see it once installed.