• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer 5.0 Pricing Question...

pgilchri

Loc.
Glasgow, MT
I have a couple of pricing questions that I could use some help with. I found a yard that will see me a 96 Explorer 5.0 with 54K miles and good compression for $650. I told him that I was interested in a complete motor (power steering pump, water pump etc.) for the swap, he replied that he would go $850 complete. I was wondering if these prices seemed good to you, I was thinking that $200 for used accessories seemed a little steep, but thought I would see what you all thought as I am new to this. I have been dealing with them over the phone as they are a distance away, so I havent seen the motor in person. Any help is greatly appreciated. -pgilchri

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
If you can get them to match that on the complete accessory package (I.E. Timing cover forward) let me know. $850 sounds reasonable to me as long as they will warranty it.

OP
OP
P

pgilchri

Loc.
Glasgow, MT
saddleup Ill ask them about the accessory package for you.

Can anyone tell me how long you normally get in a warranty from a salvage yard? The problem is I was just planning on slowly getting all of the components as I can afford it, and as I find deals. So it may be like 6+ months before I get to installing the engine. Even so I am thinking that I should grab it. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Is it a good idea to slowly get the parts before installing them or should I just go ahead and buy everything to get it running again to take advantage of the warranty?

Thanks,
pgilchri