• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer 5.0L PCM Pin Diagram?

bsquared

Contributor
Man - O - Man, am I ever struggling with "which pin goes where" on my 96 Exploder engine wiring harness. I've made a couple of PDF's to help you / help me and sure would appreciate any assistance in what goes where.

I stumbled across a PCM pin reference diagram last night, but his wire colors are definitely different than mine are, so I'm guessing it was from a different year. If anyone has a '96 diagram like this, I'll owe you a case of Shiner beer should we ever meet. EFIGuy has been helping me quite a bit! (thank you Gary!)

Appreciate your thoughts, B2

Attachments

• EngineWiringHarnessFull_wPics_Page1.pdf
    790.6 KB · Views: 107
  • EngineWiringHarnessTop_w_WireColors_Page2.pdf
    502.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 1996ExplorerPinOut1.JPG
    1996ExplorerPinOut1.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 141

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
1-Crank sensor
2- Engine coolant temp
3-8 coil packs
4-Cam sensor
5-Octane Adjust
6-Maf-There is a jumper harness between this plug and the MAf.
7-Intake Air Temp
9- Idle Air Control
10- Throttle Position sensor

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Some Ford pictures nice to be able to log on to Ford from the house :)

Attachments

• 96-3.gif
    96-3.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 96-2.gif
    96-2.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 96-1.gif
    96-1.gif
    33.9 KB · Views: 157
OP
OP
bsquared

bsquared

Contributor
Suweet Baby Jesus, Mother of Pearl!!! Thanks EFI Guy and SicBNut! Without question, that is the motherload I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to share that info.....I think I'll have the engine harness wrapped up today! However, EFIGuy gave me some text tips and I think I'm headed back to the pick-n-pull for another round of dumpster diving!

WooHoo! I'd be lost without this forum. Gracias, Amigos. B2

OP
OP
bsquared

bsquared

Contributor
Okay, so EFI Guy lined me out and I went dumpster diving at the JYard for a 99 to 01 MAF sensor and Triton era pickup fuel injectors. Scored on the fuel injectors and had my hands on a completely unmolested 01 Explorer, only to realize it was a V6 and wouldn't work. So I set it on the block and walked away.

In unrelated news, a VERY good friend (think 2nd row tickets to Texans games) has an 01 Explorer that is having issues with a conflict between the MAF and throttle position sensor readings. Truck runs, but surges at idle between almost dying and up to 1500 rpm.

My plan is for us to show up to the JYard and grab the MAF I removed and install it in the parking lot. If that doesn't correct it, then we'll go back in and grab that throttle body and see if that does the trick.

If anyone has more experience with this error code, we sure would appreciate your input!

FYI - Previous owner of my bud's truck must have already replaced the MAF at some point with an aftermarket version, so I'm suspecting it is the guilty party. (the pic taken with the flashlight is the one in my buddy's truck)

Cheers, B2

Attachments

• Injectors.jpg
    Injectors.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 39
  • MAFErrorCode.JPG
    MAFErrorCode.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 36
  • MAFJYard.JPG
    MAFJYard.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 38
  • MAFCrandall.JPG
    MAFCrandall.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
bsquared

bsquared

Contributor
Replaced the MAF on my buddy's truck with the one we pulled from the JYard and fixed him right up! Easy Peasy!