• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer EFI Mass Buy Feeler.

OP
OP
EFI Guy

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
There is no pin 7 on the PCM connector. Are you referring to pin 7 on the OBD2 port? If so it can be removed from the connector.

k5mog

Right, i was referring to pin 7 on the obd2 port. Thanks I was about to go cross-eyed trying to find where in tied into the ecu, thanks.

Ralph

Casey835

Do you use the light part of it as your indicator for overdrive off/on? I was thinking I would need that NO set of contacts for the indicator light to illuminate when I switch it off.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Do you use the light part of it as your indicator for overdrive off/on? I was thinking I would need that NO set of contacts for the indicator light to illuminate when I switch it off.

Yes, I used the switch light for an "off" indicator and I added another light on the dash just to make sure. Both are red to get my attention... :D

Casey835

Cool! I'm still in the gathering process, but the time is closing in very soon.

Casey835

I've got 99 explorer stuff so I only need one line and intend on using braided SS that's already in use. I'm pretty sure there is a fitting that will connect braided SS to the connection on the fuel rail, but haven't tracked it down yet. Maybe others will chime in.

Casey835

I'm using the braided SS that's in my bronco now, sorry guess that was kinda confusing.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I made my own metal lines, then I have a short sections of braided to the intake and return lines to the fuel rail.

Those fittings and braided are the most expensive parts next to the fuel pump!

Casey835

I made my own metal lines, then I have a short sections of braided to the intake and return lines to the fuel rail.

Those fittings and braided are the most expensive parts next to the fuel pump!

Did you get your fuel pump and your regulator figured out yet?

k5mog

Oil filler breather tube?

I have a preformed rubber tube attached to my oil filler tube. I'm assuming this was inserted into the air intake. Can anyone tell me if this is necessary and if I'm correct in assuming it was inserted into the air intake tube? I'm having to fabricate my air intake and can't make up my to make provisions for the tube or discard it, thanks for you help.

Ralph

OP
OP
EFI Guy

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Keep the tube, it runs from the nipple on the oil fill to the air intake. It needs to be mounted between the MAF sensor and the throttle body.

It is the fresh air inlet to the crankcase for the PCV system.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I have a preformed rubber tube attached to my oil filler tube. I'm assuming this was inserted into the air intake. Can anyone tell me if this is necessary and if I'm correct in assuming it was inserted into the air intake tube? I'm having to fabricate my air intake and can't make up my to make provisions for the tube or discard it, thanks for you help.

Ralph

You are correct and it is necessary. It allows fresh, metered air into the crankcase while the PCV valve evacuates it. Keeps the case clear of moisture, gasoline and combustion fumes.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Keep the tube, it runs from the nipple on the oil fill to the air intake. It needs to be mounted between the MAF sensor and the throttle body.

It is the fresh air inlet to the crankcase for the PCV system.

The 1996 (97?) Explorer has the tube attachment point on the throttle body. 1998-99 still has the boss on the TB, but no port.
You could drill and tap that for the air inlet. 98 had the air inlet in the rubber tube between the TB and MAF. And as stated you need to have it...