• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer In Tank Pump Mounting Bolt Size ?

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i have the Aero tank with in pump explorer. It uses the stock bolts from the explorer to mount. I do not have the bolts, bought the pump assembly used, can someone tell me what the bolt size is?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
i have the Aero tank with in pump explorer. It uses the stock bolts from the explorer to mount. I do not have the bolts, bought the pump assembly used, can someone tell me what the bolt size is?

I have the Ford part# somewhere... I want to say 6mm, but finding one with the large flat washer will be hard.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the Ford part# somewhere... I want to say 6mm, but finding one with the large flat washer will be hard.

So i can order from the Ford dealer, if i had that part number ;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you know what it is, then Ford should have the actual part number without you getting it ahead of time.
I'm sure they appreciate it when you walk in with the number in-hand (my local guys always did), but they have the computer that should tell them.

Maybe that's what you were thinking, but I wasn't sure.

Paul

wsager

Do you think that a stainless steel, full thread metric flange bolt, 6mm x 1.0mm x 12mm would work? Maybe throw a washer on it, or are those bolts "special"?

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you think that a stainless steel, full thread metric flange bolt, 6mm x 1.0mm x 12mm would work? Maybe throw a washer on it, or are those bolts "special"?

Sure looks like it would