• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer motor ??$$

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Junkyard wants 750 bones for a 96 exploder motor complete w/ serp. belt system and accessories. Has 137 or 157 K miles. will throw in a dizzy and coil from an older efi motor.
Of the 750 , 200 is a core charge for the block.
Is this a fair price ? a steal ?

Sorry I don't have time to do a search at this very instant.
Appreciate any input . Thanks.

Bucky

Loc.
New Bern, NC
Doesn't sound too bad! I bought a new explorer long block for 1300. But it was just the long block. Just remember, that engine has the GT-40 P heads and I've only fouund one company that makes headers for them. BC Bronco's. The stock exhaust manifold my work, not sure!

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
That 96 will have the regular GT-40 heads, 97.5ish' started the P heads. I would grab it. I pain 700 for what your looking at and I didn't get the mustang dizzy and coil.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
there is a bronco guy that will sell you a complete explorer serpentine setup for 600 bucks if that puts it in perspective.

Ben

hewie73

Loc.
Morrice, MI
exploder motor

I just bought a 99 explorer motor w/46,000 miles complete w/ computer,coil packs, p-heads, everything,$700.00.

Attachments

• DSC00374.jpg
    DSC00374.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00375.jpg
    DSC00375.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the replies fellas. At least I know I'm not getting robbed. They dropped to $700 when I went back to put a deposit on it.

The build date on the car was march 96 , so it should have the good heads.

They are pulling it , I might add , which is not always a good thing. I talked to guy who will be pulling it , should've slipped him some bucks to take good care of it.

This whole ordeal turned out pretty good considering they have an 89 'stang sitting there that they don't want parted out for some reason. Spent a couple of weekends waiting for the absentee owner to give me a price , but he decides he doesn't want to part it out. I was pretty P.O.'ed. Difference in price is 50 bucks more for the exploder motor. But , now I need to get other stuff. 'Puter , maf sensor , harness etc.
Look for me asking questions in the garage forum soon!

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Hewie73

Looks like you might have done some celebrating afterwards ! Judging by the debris rolling around in the back of your truck.;)

hewie73

Loc.
Morrice, MI
nope, picked those up on the side of the road. Every dime towards the project helps. 10 cent refund here in MI, ya know.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Is there anything different about a 2wd 1998 explorer v-8 I found a complete truck for $800.00 runs and drives good was hit on back corner.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Is there anything different about a 2wd 1998 explorer v-8 I found a complete truck for $800.00 runs and drives good was hit on back corner.

Grab it. Good to go.
There are a few differences on the '98. Most notable the P-heads. Search button will prevent us from rehashing those anymore.