• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

explorer rear disk conversion

roystoys

has any one else heard about putting the rear disk from ford 8.8 explorer on an early bronco ? any info would be helpful

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I started a thread on this about a month or more ago. You can do a search to get the most up to date info...I need to update with what/where/why/how...I just havent had the time (to finish the install and write it all up). Check out the thread mentioned above...sh!t...here http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84329&highlight=rear+disc+conversion . Please keep in mind that the info here and what I will try to post later will be for the 76/77 stock big bearing axles....albeit I'll be running the 31 spline Yukon alloys and an ARB, but that is irrelevant. I will try to get some more info on this updated in the next few days...sorry. If you have a medium bearing ~72/73-75 (mostly), then it is more or less a bolt on deal...except for the register on the axle...but that appears to be a problem with just about any of the stock 9" axle shafts unless they are "custom". Confused? Great! Stay Posted.

John