• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer throttle cable firewall

Big Slim

I am seeing what or if others had this problem and how they fixed it. If I want to put the cable in the stock location the cable is hitting the manifold. Would be a tight bend that I think the cable will not do. It has a 2” body lift maybe making it to high to go under the manifold. I can’t put it to the drivers side since inside the cab there is a support bracket in the way holding the pedals. Was thinking maybe going above the manifold but the the pedal ratio would be off making it very sensitive pedal. If I somehow get it to attach angles the the pedal would be pulling the cable angled which wouldn’t work great.

558e65f29a6faa6c15f138651e53dc81.jpg

f1028c5afb197b94d3ea97e3ee49e5f3.jpg

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Bc broncos had a fix for this and Viperwolf did some work on this and their was also a ratio change to make the throttle work more smoothly. gotta start searching our archive.

OP
OP
Big Slim

Big Slim

ok. i have modified the throttle body and made a bracket for all of that to align properly with the explorer cable. just need help with manifold/cable interference going into the cab.