• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Explorer V8 w/ 2 4R70W's and EFI Guy harness/ECM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
I have been away from the scene for a while, but starting to get back into it and need to free up some funds for parts. ;D

I have a complete 302out of a 2000 Ford Explorer, 2 4R70W transmissions, and a complete wiring harness/ECU that was modified by EFI Guy. Was going to put this setup in my bronco but have decided to go with a big block instead.

Explorer 302:
Pulled from a running 2000 Explorer. Everything looked good when I pulled the oil pan (some varnish but no sludge. Reinstalled oil pan with a new gasket). Unsure of the mileage, but the cylinders still show good crosshatch. I did not pull the heads or valve covers. I installed a new water pump just because it was easy to do while the engine is out.

Wiring harness/ECU was modified by EFI guy a while ago and then sat in a box in my garage (moved 3 times and just now starting to get things to where I can start wrenching again). The wiring harness includes the transmission harness.

I have all of the accessory parts (alternator, PS pump, AC compressor), GT40 intake, fuel injectors, fuel rail, stock cast iron exhaust manifolds, front sections of the original explorer exhaust w/ the O2 sensors, coil pack, and several other parts.

Transmissions:
2 4R70W transmissions are included in this package. The one that came with the motor (out of the same 2000 Explorer that the motor was from) is a 2WD unit and was running when pulled. It also has the stock torque converter. The second one is out of a 1996 or 1997 V8 explorer and is an AWD/4WD unit. I bought the second one simply for the tail housing and output shaft (it has the standard 6 bolt round pattern tail housing and 31 spline output shaft). As far as I know it was a functioning unit but was not able to verify. I believe you could use the second transmission with my harness, but if I remember correctly you would have to move a couple pins on the wiring harness connector.
Also included will be a complete rebuild kit, along with some performance upgrades... The rebuild kit came from CT Powertrain Products. In addition to the standard rebuild kit, also included are a Sonnax Sure Cure kit, OD band, thrust bearing, Alto powerpack (frictions and steels), and a super servo.
My plan was going to be tearing apart both transmissions and converting the 2000 to 4WD (only using the tail housing and output shaft from the 1996).

As of right now I will only separate items if I have buyers for everything. Otherwise it is a package deal.

$1100.00 OBO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.