• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extending stock seat brackets ??

csmith441

Loc.
Edmond, OK
I just got "Earl" back together with new disk brakes, power steering, power brakes, and original seats with brackets.

The seats don't go back as far as the crappy ford ranger seats the previous owner installed.

There are more slots for the seats to slide farther back. Edit there are not any more slots..

Does any one make an extended set for broncos?? Or any ideas on how to extend the original brackets or a way to move the seat back with using the original brackets??

Thanks.

Chris.

Last edited:

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't know of any extended brackets. for stock seats.

Drill holes and Bolt the original seats/brackets farther back. Put them where you want.

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
I built a bracket that uses the orig holes in the floor, and has studs welded in the seat bracket positions, only moved back 2 1/2 inches... works perfect, and took about 1 hr to make

OP
OP
C

csmith441

Loc.
Edmond, OK
Thanks Guys.

I asked my welding shop foreman to make some plate (1 1/4' x 3") and drill a couple holes(7/16" & 9/16") roughly 2" apart. Then weld a 5/16" x 1/2" bolt in one of the holes (9/16") to try and build a bracket. Then grind the back of the plate where the hex of the nut came through. Maybe this can work....

I really don't want to drill or weld on the bronco any more than the previous owner has. I spend more time cleaning up issues the PO had done in the past than driving it right now.

Thanks again guys.