• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL F150 disc setup and 4X4X2 box

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Picking up a full width setup tomorrow from a 79 F150. I'm going to tons so now I don't need it.

Will sell entire housing from rotor to rotor with calipers and steering for $325

Will part it out, knuckles out with discs and core calipers $250

Also will have another 4X4X2 box ready to ship as well. I LOVE mine, once I finally got all the air out I can turn 35's with one finger at a dead stop, no noise or straining the truck.

Will be fully cleaned and checked, assembled with a new input shaft seal.

$250 plus shipping

rbodine

is the 4x4x2 box the one that bolts in directly in place of factory manual box?

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Straight from the experts

"This box uses the stock front mounting hole, because the box has a wider and stronger mounting surface the two rear holes need to be re-drilled."

http://www.bcbroncos.com/powersteering.html

That's how I mounted mine, I used the hole closest to the core support, then tilted the box to center the other 2 holes on the frame, sleeved them and bolted her on.

If you do some searching, there's a bunch of diff ways to mount the box.

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
I got delayed collecting the stuff so it will be another couple weeks before I can get it. If your interested PM me and I'll put you in line for when I do get it.

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Got the stuff here, need to move it!! I'll be doing the conversion on the box tomorrow, as well as pulling the nuckles.

Nuckles out, $225, includes rotors and calipers. Calipers are junk, good cores, rotors don't look bad but wuill need to be turned.

4x4x2 Box/steering shaft, $225 plus shipping

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Got the knuckles stripped, just need to pull them off, can be ready to go asap!! Here's some pics.

DSC05010.jpg

DSC05011.jpg

DSC05013.jpg

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Disc setup still available, picking up another setup tomorrow and another steering box!!!

Converted 4x4x2 steering box $225 plus $50 shipping

This box will include a new input seal but no pitman arm (you can use your stock one) or steering shaft (some moron cut it with a torch).

F150 disc setup, knuckles out $225, plus $50 shipping.

For this deal I'm not including the rotors as there to expensive to ship and normally need to be turned and new bearings installed anyway. Lock outs included.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Still here!!

Disc brake setup includes the following:

knuckles
caliper mount brackets
spindles
core calipers
lockout assembly

Rotors/hubs if you want them

I only have one set of calipers left so the first one to buy gets em!!

$225 plus $50 to ship

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Still got them. 2 sets of knuckles out and 1 f150 box.

$250 per set, knuckles out
$200 for unconverted box, $275 if I convert.

Prices are SHIPPED in the lower 48 through fedex.

OP
OP
P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
I'll get one today. I haven't converted it yet so it just looks like an old greasy steering box.

Heres the old unconverted one:
DSC05066-1.jpg

Heres what it looks like when I'm done:
DSC05032.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.