• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

F250 7,3l 4 door 1/2 cab build

ratbilt

Contributor
Bought a 96 f250 diesel 4x4 that was hit front & rear (has about 3k miles on engine & trans). Going to try & build a 4 door 1/2 cab bronco.
Got the truck stripped down (the frame is bent in 5 places - the 1st 12" on the front Left & Right sides, left side where the left leaf spring mounts to the frame, & the last 14" Right & Left rear).
Got the front bent back (90% done) want to straighten the left side 1st then finish the front. Going to put a later front & rear axles (with disc brakes & coil front springs) also straight axle in front. Going to install 4" lift springs F&R with 3/4 T front coils & 1/2 ton rear leaf springs. Going to build the body myself starting with the front, as soon as I get to the B pillar of the rear door I can figure the wheel base & shorten the frame. Rich

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Half cab and 4-door is an interesting concept.
Start measuring the engine and what you have to work with for under the hood room. Packaging is going to turn ugly really fast. Don't just do length and width, height plays in as well. If you put the body high enough you can make everything fit but it will look goofy. The Bronco body is really short, something people often don't account for. There have been some pretty bad swaps that didn't get the memo that it was going to turn out bad. There was one on BaT a couple years ago with a bronco body on a Raptor chassis(?). To close the hood the body was really high and the frame very low. The front bumper was horrible and nearly as tall as the body just to fill the gap from the frame to the bottom of the grill.

Dreams are good. But a reality check with a tape measure is often needed. Don't be afraid to accept reality.

I've had wild ideas in the past. Split a Bronco body down the center and add a couple inches. Put a stretch in the front fenders just in front of the door. Stretch the wheelbase and overall length, but keep the front bumper to wheel openings stock. Ideas, but never a good enough body man to make it happen and smart enough to stop before I destroy too much trying. Dreams, but with a reality check in place.