• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

factory 16" steel wheels

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
scsm76 said:
I just looked at some old sales brochures (bronco.com) the 6.50 X16 TT (tube type) was available as a option until 71. I have not seen the Bronco wheels but I don't think they were the split design.

Willy'z offerd them as an option on the cj2a and 3a. The wheels have become quite pricey, my girlfriend's dad is doing a MB restore and has watched them sell for up to $140 on ebay.

Split rims and putting 16" tires on 16.5" rims is dangerous as hell, my uncle almost lost an arm because of it. When I was overseas these little Afghan kids were doing split rim stuff and at one point the tire spit an end of the ring and barely missed one of them. They counted limbs and went back to work.

The MB wheels you are talking about are not the 16 or 16.5 split and normal wheels that go for that much. The ones you're talking about are the "combat wheels" that bolt together much like a two piece big-rig wheel.

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
The MB wheels you are talking about are not the 16 or 16.5 split and normal wheels that go for that much. The ones you're talking about are the "combat wheels" that bolt together much like a two piece big-rig wheel.
Here is a ebay listing for the combat wheel and the next one is for the non combat wheel they will both get bid quite high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/jeep...015QQitemZ250058045624QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://search.ebay.com/cj2a-mb-rim_...tZQ2d1QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQssPageNameZRC0022

OP
OP
surfer-b

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Quick, i don't know what those wheels are from but i would say that if they were ford they would have the ford logo stamped in them the same as the 15's also on the ford 15's the center section looks if though its pressed to the rim with a brad but it is flush i don't know what they used very odd looking.