• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Factory cast iron manifold needed

johnbeck

My driver's side exhaust manifold is cracked. I don't want to deal with headers so I'm wondering who sells high quality cast iron manifolds ? Who do you avoid, who do you buy from? (1973 302). Thanks, John B

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
search by the part number cast on the manifold. the drivers side is so much harder to find 1973 is when they added the strengthening rib down the face of the manifold.

Rangerbj

Also John, call me at 805-886-6970. I think we worked on fires on the Santa Barbara front country.

clinem03

Give Nick at Northeast Classics a call -https://northeastclassicfordparts.com/

OP
OP
J

johnbeck

Sorry for the delay in responding, a friend and I got my 302 running after being rebuilt. I paid to have the manifolds surfaced and after running them one is only good for a boat anchor. I will call Tom's to see how long before they have them back in stock, and text John, his number listed above. I'm still toying with Hooker 6909 headers. Brand new but mounting them might require a lot more effort. I still may chase down a used manifold but not sure if another 40 to 50 year old manifold won't have cracks as well. Thanks for helping. John B

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I'm using the original manifolds on my '77. They work perfectly and mate to the original exhaust system. There is absolutely no reason to think they have cracked or will crack. The after market types are less likely to work without leaks and just as likely to crack as any used originals. The idea that new is better is proven to be BS every day.

Hultzger

Loc.
Martinez
I removed headers and put on exhaust manifolds as well as a BCB 2 into 1 exhaust. Looks and sounds great!
f8e18c9e248a3938217028a14106b00a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tirewater

Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Be aware that there are two variants of the 302 driver's side manifold. The main difference is the output flange. On the later early broncos there was an exhaust flap attached to the manifold that blocked off the driver's side exhaust and forced it through the AIR/EGR ports.

The output flange on the later manifolds is flat and doesn't accept an exhaust pipe readily.

Have to call him to get best results