• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Family Style Cage, who do you recommend?

chuck489

Loc.
Dahlonega, GA
I vote for Bailie Bilt. I just bought the custom family cage and love it. I also saw one on the used boards. It was powdercoated white.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0010.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0010.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0024.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0024.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 151

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
Or maybe he's just smart with how he spends and the house follows...

Seriously, I just bought a kit from Mike @ Extreme Custom Fab, and he was very helpful and the delivery was prompt. Of course, its been sitting in queue in my garage waiting on the other projects to clear up first, but I was pleased with the deliverables. Highly recommended!

Jeff

back before the market fell out those would be 350k here in FL now they are like 120-175k new and they sit as you can buy the same house for 40-75k as a forclosure and a few years old.

I cant say enough good things about mike.. I emailed him for a quote a year ago and then bought a cage from him this year after taxes. I am looking at his steering set up as well and he has done nothing but to send me the best direction and even when I cant afford it he still has been willing to set me up with what I need.

Whiskey Tango

Loc.
Ventura County Calif
I am in the same boat as you, except, I dont even have a roll bar on my Bronco. Ive been looking for the past month and their does not seem to be anybody that makes a kit here in So Cal. My custom prices are about 2 grand built and welded to frame and 500 powder coat. Just be sure that the 6 point will not punch through if something happens, I dont trust the floor boards!!!!

Whiskey Tango

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
Thanks Jerry. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Normally I'd offer to do a full custom cage but I am really trying to get my bronco back together right now. I can weld up a prebent kit or help with who I have used locally for powder coating. I will be travelling to Tulsa June 15-16th if you decide to go with a Bailie Bilt cage. I could also have one brought up June 2nd with a buddy as well. http://www.broncobumpersandcages.com/

Good call on getting a good cage.
Jake

OP
OP
rwiebe13

rwiebe13

Loc.
Kansas City
Thanks Jerry. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Normally I'd offer to do a full custom cage but I am really trying to get my bronco back together right now. I can weld up a prebent kit or help with who I have used locally for powder coating. I will be travelling to Tulsa June 15-16th if you decide to go with a Bailie Bilt cage. I could also have one brought up June 2nd with a buddy as well. http://www.broncobumpersandcages.com/

Good call on getting a good cage.
Jake

Thanks jake, and everyone for that matter. I will PM you to get your # about working this out.

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
back before the market fell out those would be 350k here in FL now they are like 120-175k new and they sit as you can buy the same house for 40-75k as a forclosure and a few years old.

I cant say enough good things about mike.. I emailed him for a quote a year ago and then bought a cage from him this year after taxes. I am looking at his steering set up as well and he has done nothing but to send me the best direction and even when I cant afford it he still has been willing to set me up with what I need.

Listen, I love Melbourne, and I travel there often (Harris), but find me a house like that one for 40-75K, and I'm moving there!

Jeff

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Listen, I love Melbourne, and I travel there often (Harris), but find me a house like that one for 40-75K, and I'm moving there!

Jeff

Before I bought our land in Big Pine, we where looking in that area for waterfront, we passed on a house on canal in Merritt Island that sold for 80k. We also bid but lost on a house in Cocoa, on Indian River drive it was directly on the Indian River, was 1.5 acres, the house was built in 1902 and was a plantation home, 6 bedrooms 4500 sq. ft. and it sold at auction for 190k. There are literally a ton of deals in that area, from being over built to the NASA stuff home prices are in the toilette in that market.

OP
OP
rwiebe13

rwiebe13

Loc.
Kansas City
Here's my place, those are the neighbors across the way! I ain't rich, I just work 65hrs a week.
4c5cc4fa-0be7-b202.jpg

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I just work 65hrs a week.

Ain't that the truth of it, I tell people I make minimum wage, which when you factor in the hours is not too much of a stretch. I worked a 130 hour week one time, I literally slept 3 hours a night, I would roll over in the morning pick up the computer then roll back over at night and put it down.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
I got mine from Wild Horses. I reckon you don't know who makes the best one until you have to use it and I hope I never do. The shipping from Cali was a sumbitch though. I sold Dixie Lee to buy it, so I must like it a lot.

jlylec

I got mine from Mike at Extreme. I even was able to have it custom made to go behind the dash.

http://extremecustomparts.com/c-690...yj-early-bronco-roll-cage-kits-1966-1977.html

Do you have pics of this going through the dash and how much extra work was that? I'm really struggling with this family roll cage decision. I have a kit that came with the truck (unassembled and surface rusted at this point) but I don't think it's a family cage and I don't like where the A pillars would hit in front of the dash. I'd love to figure out a way to get around this. I've kicked around just getting a BaileBuilt family cage since it comes all assembled and just has to be bolted in. That would make my e-brake and glove inoperative too though. I wish I knew a good shop for this type of work near me...or if I could build it myself.

jlylec

I vote for Bailie Bilt. I just bought the custom family cage and love it. I also saw one on the used boards. It was powdercoated white.

do you have any pics of the front bars of this installed? like where they're hitting and how much clearance you have for the e-brake and glove? did you just spray paint the cage yourself? install yourself?

77-302

Loc.
Canton, MI
Really glad I read this thread and the one on the unfortunate accident.
My truck does not have any cage or roll bar of any kind but the full family cage did not interest me due to the leg room issues and no plans for hard core wheeling. However this cage with fab'd bars to support the windshield from JBG/proto-fab looks good to me.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-17780-overhaulin-rear-roll-bar-cage.html

Thoughts?